Lighter Wing for an Aluminum Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EberWolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been using the Vintage Double Hose Argonaut 32# wing and a SS Freedom Plate for a few years. I recently picked up a vintage plate from Subsea sports to go with my Argonaut Kraken.

I contacted Eric Sedletzky (freedom plate) and he pointed out that the tank band slots are wider ( 3 inches inside edge to edge) between the tank band slots than some wing.

I'm looking for a wing with around 20#'s of lift. A little more or less is fine. But the tank band slots need to fit the 3 inch slots on the plate.

Since the VDH wing is not available, a possible alternative is the Dive Rite Travel wing.

It is kind of expensive, but it is a nice wing.

HOG makes/made a 23# wing. Northeast Scuba Supply has them. They are short and somewhat wide for my taste (love the VDH wings)...

The other option is the OxyCheq 18#. Thing is, you need to give up a kidney to get one ($$$$$$$$)

The slots on my VDH flat plate measure 3-1/8" inside edge to inside edge and match perfectly the spacing on my 23# HOG wing. I've had the HOG wing for over 5 years and it's held up very well.

I might have a Hog 23# new wing floating around..I will look and if interested let me know...I think it is red. I am wrong. It is black and I think never used
UGH your not in the CONUS...

Attachments

• Hog.jpg
    Hog.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Hog1.jpg
    Hog1.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 56
I was looking at Scuba Gear - Diving Equipment
There's 6 wings that might work including the HOG and Dive rite travel wing.
20lb Travel Wing- by Highland SKU: HL20W
Travel EXP Wing- by Dive Rite SKU: BC4100
Travel XT Wing- by Dive Rite SKU: BC5100-E
Travel EXP Wing Black/Grey- by Dive Rite SKU: BC4100-E-12-1
Hog 23lb Single Tank Wing- by HOG Gear SKU: HOG-0121-BB
ST 22 Wing - by Hollis SKU: 208.1254.022

Anyone have hands on experience with any of these? Aside from the HOG.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom