look to buy new computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If he is going to honestly do technical diving, he won't be using a computer for anything except to show his depth and dive time. The Vyper would be perfect. That's what I use and so do many of my friends.

Wrist mount is no more expensive than console mount. Or maybe only a few dollars. Why did you think it would cost prohibitive?
Heh....with great respect, Perrone, the Vyper is a bit expensive to use as a bottom timer. If he's doing strictly technical diving he doesn't need a computer at all. :D But lets not go there.

check out the D9 --
Suunto - Suunto D9 Story - SUUNTO D9 - Diving Instruments

You say the Vyper is too expensive, and then point to the D9?!?! The Vyper is nice in that it will do guage mode, or nitrox (1 gas). So you can use it for a computer on recreational dives, or as a technical gauge for decompression diving. And you can download profiles from it.

If he wants a computer for tech diving, link him to the VR3 or the Liquivision.

Only too expensive for a bottom timer.

An Uwatec Bottom Timer can be found for around $180, if all you're tracking is depth and time.

Here's one at random:
Digital 328 ft. Bottom Timer (W-BT) from LeisurePro.com

My point was that using a Vyper to do this is an expensive way to go :wink:

My point was that using a Vyper to do this is an expensive way to go :wink:

But it's EVER so stylish! :wink: (especially with the pink elastomeric mount from DSS)

I own a suunto gekko computer and it works great. The screen is easy to read but the audible alarms don't seem to work so well.

I was offered a D9 at an incredibly low price but turned it down because the gekko works fine for me and I didn't have the money at the time.

i dont mean to butt into your forum now either but i am now looking for a new computer..It needs to be air and nitrox, and wrist mounted..I also want something that i can wear during the day..I have been following this thread and would like some more info on some of the computers you are talking about...

i dont mean to butt into your forum now either but i am now looking for a new computer..It needs to be air and nitrox, and wrist mounted..I also want something that i can wear during the day..I have been following this thread and would like some more info on some of the computers you are talking about...

SB Forum search?

LeisurePro search?

ScubaToys search?

Google search?

Unless you need specific questions and/or user opinions answered about a particular model or brand, the questions in your post can be researched/answered by yourself using the above searches.

LOl...I was looking for any ideas for a specific dive computer you would reccomend..But maybe ill just ask myself..:crafty:Thanks, for the help..:10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom