Longest Ever Scuba Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know if it was the longest dive ever, but one of the WKPP's run times this summer was just over 25 hours. I'll see if I can find the info on the specific dive.

ianr33:
Anybody know what the longest ever (time) scuba dive was?

Am talking about "real" dives,not stunts in fishtanks or commercial diving.

Kinda difficult to answer that one isn't it? For most folk, longest is what they can do comfortably without a pee or coffee stop and still enjoy it and still have air in the tank. Once you start to swap tanks I rekon you have moved to 'stunt' diving by your description.

Kinda difficult to answer that one isn't it? For most folk, longest is what they can do comfortably without a pee or coffee stop and still enjoy it and still have air in the tank. Once you start to swap tanks I rekon you have moved to 'stunt' diving by your description.
Not sure I agree that by his description, switching tanks is stunt diving. I think the OP was saying that someone in a pool just sitting there for a record doesn't equate to diving in his book.

I'll assume that you don't think that switching tanks is stunt diving since we're in the tech forum where switching tanks is... well... part of a normal dive.

Chris

what about switching rebreathers....:11:

That is a stunt in itself, but I would not call that stunt diving either.....

I'll assume that you don't think that switching tanks is stunt diving since we're in the tech forum where switching tanks is... well... part of a normal dive.

Chris

:blush: Well that will teach me to look at the forum as well as the post title before I respond!

I was of course referring to the common and garden recreational diver with a single 12l/80cuft tank. Sorry guys, I'll go back to my corner now....

:blush: Well that will teach me to look at the forum as well as the post title before I respond!

I was of course referring to the common and garden recreational diver with a single 12l/80cuft tank. Sorry guys, I'll go back to my corner now....

No corner dwelling in here :)

The longest dive ever was the 90 minute dive I had where my drysuit flooded just before deco in 47 degree water.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom