Question How to deal with scuba withdrawal? Scuba-media tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is one of my all time favourite diving videos:

There's also plenty of other things on YouTube like finding that German submarine off the US coast (shadow divers) , exploring the titanic and all of Jacques Cousteau's episodes are on Youtube as well if you haven't watched them yet.

Oh yeah and Michael McFadyen has great write ups on scuba accidents and incidents.

Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site

The Dave Shaw one and USS Coolidge ones in particular are great.

Try to use everything you know and are learning about scuba to create an Excel dive sheet that can’t actually be used for anything realistic but to see if you know the theory 😂😂

I’ve spent the last week and probably 20 hours trying to apply the theories of SAC, RMV, DCR, tank factors, cuft/psi, ascent rates, NDL and safety stops to do predictive gas consumption calculations based on depth, air consumption, reserve gas, tank type, etc and then trying to simplify it into basic principles and then automate it all so I can change the tank being used on the fly.

Could I use someone else’s program? Sure…but I want to put the theory into practice myself to see if I know it. Every hour I’m yelling at my computer “what the hell?! That can’t be right” when I change one of the values and that sends me off doing more research. 😂😂

[note: do not use these pics for anything…I have no idea if they are right…I’m still messing with them and I’m not an expert.]

Attachments

• 575C2398-C3CA-4CDA-ACAB-7A49143E5F27.jpeg
    575C2398-C3CA-4CDA-ACAB-7A49143E5F27.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 38
  • AF2DADC1-E898-4C8E-81AC-905BD7C55539.jpeg
    AF2DADC1-E898-4C8E-81AC-905BD7C55539.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 37
I’ve spent the last week and probably 20 hours trying to apply the theories of SAC, RMV, DCR, tank factors, cuft/psi, ascent rates, NDL and safety stops to do predictive gas consumption calculations based on depth, air consumption, reserve gas, tank type, etc and then trying to simplify it into basic principles and then automate it all so I can change the tank being used on the fly.
I made a spreadsheet of mingas requirement (GUE mingas for sharing gas on ascent with a buddy) for different tank volumes and sac-rates to depths under 30m after my fundies class 😜

Back
Top Bottom