Long Weekend Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBeck once bubbled...
Sunday: 1:00, Phil Foster Park

Krista
FLL Diver (Marc)
MikeJacobs--?
scuba_jenny
others?

My daughter Melissa will be diving on Sunday as well.

And as an added bonus, the rest of the family (non-divers) will be there too which means we have someone who can watch stuff left behind on shore and hold car keys.

This service comes at a heavy personal price, but it's the least I can do for fellow scubaboarders. :D

Marc

Wow!
Mike, Marvel and I did a night dive off of Hollywood Beach. The seas calmed down after a good breeze today, the tide was out, and vis was very good.
We saw all the usual stuff including two moray eels. They were whitish with golden/light brown spots. Because it was dark, do they change color? i couldn't identify them...Regardless they were nice. The ledges were teaming with life and vibrant colors.
Thanks Scubaboard for existing! You are an answer to prayers in finding some good dive buddies!
After dive was spent relaxing on the Broadwalk with a cold refreshment. Heat lightning flashed in the distance.
Tomorrow is Pompano. Is anybody planning on doing it? Kbeck?

The pitcher of amber bach (sp?) the THREE of us could only drink half of, and the little excitement on the boardwalk that I will only tell about in person lol.

Thanks for putting the dive together, Jenny. I only half-expect you to make it for this AM's dive... but we'll see.

I hope you folks are having/had great holiday weekend dives.

I had planned to dive Boynton a couple of times this week, but my friend from Indiana has been busy seeing his family members and I returned from Vermont with a stiff neck/back that's only now subsiding.

Today (July 4th) we're going to a party, tomorrow we're taking my son and a couple of his friends to Midieval Times for his birthday, so no diving for me this weekend. :(

However, Sunday morning will find me, my friend Brett, and my brother Mark bound for Tavernier - if any one would like to join us on the Conch Republic Divers AM charters Monday through Friday, please feel free to do so!

JoeyFla once bubbled...
I'm going to brave the 4th of July crowd in the morning...
If it goes well I might go back on Saturday. I haven't dove
Peper Park in many years.... thought I'd give it a go friday.

If the viz is good.... I'll go back on saturday.
Hey....Joey.

How'd everything go today at Ft. Pierce? How was the viz and the crowds?

Going back on Sat.?

augie once bubbled...
I had planned to dive Boynton a couple of times this week, but my friend from Indiana has been busy seeing his family members and I returned from Vermont...

Today (July 4th) we're going to a party, tomorrow we're taking my son and a couple of his friends to Midieval Times for his birthday, so no diving for me this weekend. :(

However, Sunday morning will find me, my friend Brett, and my brother Mark bound for Tavernier - if any one would like to join us on the Conch Republic Divers AM charters Monday through Friday, please feel free to do so!

Don't you have a job? :D

Marc

Well... since I didn't get another diver to go... with me... my wife didn't want me diving alone.... So, we went kayaking around Ft Pierce Inlet State Park.

I did book a dive for saturday morning on the "Blue Tang" out of Jupiter. It's a very nice operation. 70 ft dives.

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
Thanks for putting the dive together, Jenny. I only half-expect you to make it for this AM's dive... but we'll see.

Well Mike, as you well know by now, I did make it thanks to your phone call waking me up!
Awesome dive, eh? I figure we saw around 50 different fishes, of which we only ID'd 20. I think we need to put the Pompano dive on the Hump Back Sunrise Dive list of must-do's.

See ya Sunday for the bridge.

FLL Diver once bubbled...

Don't you have a job? :D

Marc

Well...I did before I started this three week vacation, but my boss told me the day that I left that if they could get by without me for that long.....

So I suppose I'll find out if I still have one on the 14th! :wink:

Steve

Marvel did her certification last Saturday & Sunday, and our "vacation" began then. We took Monday off but dove the Spiegel Grove on Tuesday (yes, I know but she did fine) followed by French Reef. Wednesday we joined Jenny for the Hump Day Sunrise dive, Thursday we did a night shore dive in Hollywood (Jenny again), Friday we did a morning shore dive in Pompano (Jenny yet again), Saturday we did a wreck/reef from a boat, and today we did the Phil Foster Park (yes, Jenny was there AGAIN).

Special thanks to the family of three M's (Marc (FLL Diver) is the only name I remember - sorry) and Kristie (sp?) for rounding out the crew.

All in all, we had a GREAT week/weekend. Visibility and surface conditions got steadily worse, but we still managed to have a blast thanks to good dive buddies and this paradise we live in.

I hope you all enjoyed your long dive weekend as well!

Reports?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom