Long Weekend Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be up for a beach dive providing we pick a beach which isn't too crowded over holiday weekend. Anytime Thursday to Sunday sound good. Anywhere between Boynton Beach to Fort Lauderdale would be preferable.

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
I'm new here, so just wondering if anybody has done a gathering with food, fun, day & night beach dives locally, luau style. Would this work?

Anybody know the rules for cooking on the beach?

Are fires allowed?

Best place to park/shuttle gear?

Ideas?
That sounds like a lot of fun!

As far as weekend diving, Sat afternoon- Sunday is good.

Darkmoon3d-I can do a beach dive on Thursday or Fri morning

FLL, scuba_jenny--so, would a Saturday dive at Blue Heron be workable for both of you? FLL, have you done this dive--I haven't, and I'd guess we'd need someone to "lead".....

Jenny, MikeJacobs, darkmoon--would a Friday beach dive be acceptable? Mike, I'd guess that fires are a no-no on public beaches--don't know either, but given the way everything else is regulated......FLL, do you know? Don't know that I'd want to do a night beach dive, though....esp. as I've not done a beach dive before. I'd guess early am is best time of day, the water is usually a little flatter, right? (Note, that's just a guess.... :D )
So, what's the verdict guys?

Unfortunately Saturday mornings are out for me for another month. So afternoon or evening is fine. Sunday morning is good

KBeck once bubbled...
FLL, scuba_jenny--so, would a Saturday dive at Blue Heron be workable for both of you? FLL, have you done this dive--I haven't, and I'd guess we'd need someone to "lead".....

Jenny, MikeJacobs, darkmoon--would a Friday beach dive be acceptable? Mike, I'd guess that fires are a no-no on public beaches--don't know either, but given the way everything else is regulated......FLL, do you know? Don't know that I'd want to do a night beach dive, though....esp. as I've not done a beach dive before. I'd guess early am is best time of day, the water is usually a little flatter, right? (Note, that's just a guess.... :D )
So, what's the verdict guys?

OK - I can't confirm until later tonight if I'll be going Saturday or Sunday. We have folks coming to visit from out of town but they have told us what day yet.

I have dove there before - but always as a "follower". But it's not that difficult to navigate - just stay out of the boat channel. I'd be happy to be act a dive "leader". :)

Does anyone else have a dive flag and reel? I have one, but depending on how many folks come we may need a second.

When I get home I'll post a link to a great page that Wendy directed me to about the bridge and the dive.

There's no cooking on the beaches in Ft. Lauderdale. Some areas have adjoining parks with those built in BBQ's though.

There are BBQ's at the bridge if you get there early enough to stake one out and a couple of picnic tables.

Marc

Hi
Is Phil Foster park the bridge? Where is it located? What day is this planned for and what time?
Friday morning is fine. I don't like being anywhere near a beach after 10am on July 4th. So the earlier the better!
Saturday afternoon is fine as is Sunday (anytime)

One day at a time - who's available and when for Friday?

I have two available for anything, anywhere. Somebody make a date and we'll be there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom