Long Weekend Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Who's going where this weekend? I'm looking to get out on Saturday or Sunday - Boynton to Ft. Lauderdale.

Marc

Interested in a beach dive? Count me in!

Hey! Let's put something together!

FLL Diver- I KNOW ( :D ) your thoughts on beach dives, so ya wanna do a dive in Boynton/Boca? You name the day/time, I'll follow!

scuba_jenny--I saw your post for a beach dive Wednesday; I'm (unfortunately) a weekend warrior--I've never done a beach dive, but would be willing to try if you can put up with a novice.....

Anybody up for the 4th PM dives?

I might be interested in a beach dive on Sat.

How about a little further north? Maybe Vero area? Ft. Pierce? Is the beach diving better further south?

Beach dives are a little bit lighter on the wallet. Looks like most of the FL area is on 30% chance of rain for Saturday.

Dr. Jay once bubbled...
I might be interested in a beach dive on Sat.

How about a little further north? Maybe Vero area? Ft. Pierce? Is the beach diving better further south?

Beach dives are a little bit lighter on the wallet. Looks like most of the FL area is on 30% chance of rain for Saturday.

Why YES of course they are!

(Actually I really don't know because the farthest north I have ever dove is Broward County, I just couldn't resist LOL)

And as much as dislike beach dives, there isn't much of a beach at Phil Foster Park :) Maybe it's time to do the bridge?

High tide is at 1:15pm and 2:16pm on Saturday and Sunday. Dive would start a half hour before these times.

Marc

Where is Phil Foster Park and why do you prefer to start a dive 1/2 hour before high tide? I always thought it to be much easier on a low tide.

I'm new here, so just wondering if anybody has done a gathering with food, fun, day & night beach dives locally, luau style. Would this work?

Anybody know the rules for cooking on the beach?

Are fires allowed?

Best place to park/shuttle gear?

Ideas?

Viz is better and you'll have a slack tide for most of your dive. At Blue Heron, the diving is better if you arrive an hour prior to high tide so you can get in ½ hour before high tide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom