London baby!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brendanrtw

Reaction score
I've just got back from a little travelling (Oz and SE Asia) and I'm moving over to London in two weeks. I finished my SSI DM in queensland and I'm egar to get wet again either recreationally or even a little weekend work. What is there to do around Surrey or London. I've heard there are some lakes worth diving (better do my dry-suit spec).

Any help (links) would be great.

lakes worth diving ?#%&*%! Well there is Wraysbury I guess junction 13 of the M25!!

You mention Surrey - where you going to be based? I lived in Croydon for 3 years before moving out east so can give you some pointers if that's the right kind of area. From there the South coast is only an hour away - but 2 or 3 for any decent stuff.

I am sure my old club would be happy to see you - Scubadoo Dive Academy and are based in Croydon.

Hope that helps and good luck
Jonathan

Thanks for that link. Maybe it was a quarry or something but I heard they have sunk some old rides from thorpe park that make for interesting diving. I just want to get a bit of practice in before I head away again.

South coast is close and places like Weymouth/Portland aren't far.

Cornwall is a bit further but still readily accessible except on a Bank Holiday.

If you ever find out where that lake/quarry is I would be interested to find out.

Jonathan

brendanrtw

where abouts are you looking to move? if you want I can try and find who your local dive club will be!

They will have more ideas about where will be local to you - and depending on the club maybe able to do your Drysuit spec. with you.

Email me at abbywilson@blueyonder.co.uk with any details so you dont have to publish them!

Thanks for the email hun !

I have found one that sounds good. Its a Five Star PADI Centre which is always a good sign to start.

There webpage looks very proffessional and it says they have over 80 members. Its based in Runnymede in Surrey. Which isn't too far from where you'll be - if you have a car it would be easier but I am sure there are other ways of getting there!

The company is E Z Divers Dive Clube of the Eau Zone Dive School. As its linked to a dive school I am sure you could make some kind of deal to get your Dry Suit Spec.

The organise weekly social meetings - which could help you get to know people in the are, as well as daily diving to inland sites and the south coast. The also organise holidays to Ireland, The Red Sea and Sulawesi.

Membership is £35 pa. The website address is www.eau-zone.co.uk.
If you want more info - their number is 01784-434363 or email at : diving@eau-zone.co.uk.

If you're not interested in this one - let me know and I'll see what others are available.

All hail ScubaBaby!!

She da lady!!

Sounds good to me, I'll pop over there Monday.

Thanks a million :)

I was in London at the weekend and called to Wraysbury dive centre for a chat. Not what I expected but it they're located on a lake (15m) in Wraysbury, and have sunk things like boats, fridges, half a taxi (?!?) to alleviate the boredom. Looks like a good place to train, but probably not the most exciting dives you'll ever do.

http://www.learntodive.co.uk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom