logging pool dives....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally Posted by Gary D.
It's your book so log what you want. It's more of a place to keep memory notes than anything else. The SCUBA police aren't going to arrest you for it.

Exactly. Log it if you want. I've logged pool dives and been glad that I have, because it helped me remember things. Mainly "what was I doing this time last year in regards to SCUBA." I do a lot of training "firsts" in a pool, ie: first time in dry suit, first time in doubles, new harness configuration, etc. And a pool is a great place for that.

My log book is not a place to prove anything. It would be different if you're doing 14 dives a day in a pool trying to get dive numbers to meet the dive minimum on a certain dive charter. :11: Just have to throw that out there LOL.

One more thought. I go to local lakes in the area just to see what's in them. There have been times when I've done what most would call a surface swim across the lake and barely find anything deeper than where I can stand. That dive gets logged as a reference to stay away from the lake in the future. Not a real dive per-se, but it still goes in the book.

Anyway, there's my $.002. :deadhorse:

I never log my pooldives. As I'm in a diving club I would log about 50 extra dives a year, and that's not correct. The only pooldive I've logged as of today is Nemo33, as it's 33 meters deep, can hardly call that a pool.

I dont log dives that are not open water, so no pool dives. You can still make notes in the back of your book if you have things you want to remember from pool sessions.

Willie

i forgot to ask my instructor about this, but i just started doing my ow pool dives. and im wondering if i should be logging them or atleast filling out the parts in the front of the log diving book.. ?

The logbooks that come with some of the PADI crewpacks have pages specifically for the pool dives of the ow course. As has been said before, it's your book, do as you wish. I would say the dive that was described had enough learning value that I would log it if only for the equipment configuration info. However, perfect weighting in the pool will only be a starting place for ocean dives.

If I am wearing my dive computer and it logs it, I log it, electronically.

I tried my UDT fins and new Atlantis mask in the bathtub. I was in for about 30 minutes, should I log it? Oh, nevermind, I forgot, I don't log dives. N

I agree, it is your log book. If it is to test different gears and weight, you should log it. If it is to log kicks and distance for navigation purpose, you should log it. If an agency look through and not count it or count it, that is their issue, not yours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom