Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two years ago was diving off mahual. Divers all came up together and the navy decided check paperwork on dive boat while divers were washed back an forth for 15 minutes

I’m on the island today Port is closed for wind/waves. Heard that two boats capsized a double of weeks ago. Does anyone who was here then have knowledge of what happened. From reading posts above, it looks like two boats capsized. Were they both up at the north end of the island? Were either dive boats out of Caleta/Foratur? Any other details would be appreciated

Riich Hagelin

I’m on the island today Port is closed for wind/waves. Heard that two boats capsized a double of weeks ago. Does anyone who was here then have knowledge of what happened. From reading posts above, it looks like two boats capsized. Were they both up at the north end of the island? Were either dive boats out of Caleta/Foratur? Any other details would be appreciated

Riich Hagelin

I'm just about as far away from the island as you can get but stories I read were one boat with customers and 10-12 people on it capsized downtown near Aqua Safari pier, just scared people pulled from the water.

The second boat was a fishing boat - boat was up north, captain and crewman were both killed. You'll very rarely get full details of something like that and just respect it for that.

Panga style boats, even not fully loaded easily can get swamped in bad weather and up North, things can get real bad very fast.

And an example of why some of us say to stay off of the motorbikes...
It's certainly fine that you have strong opinions about motorbikes, but I believe this is very different from your concerns - these are ATVs (4 wheels) on a group tour that goes off-road.

It's certainly fine that you have strong opinions about motorbikes, but I believe this is very different from your concerns - these are ATVs (4 wheels) on a group tour that goes off-road.
I don't see any point in nitpicking the differences. Accepting the similarities seems more productive.

I don't see any point in nitpicking the differences. Accepting the similarities seems more productive.
The 4 wheelers can be very dangerous at fast speeds. Ive seen em flip over when one turn sharp quickly. The tour that the accident was on was driving fast. Put that with inexperienced driver.....

Not only that, but this kid went away from the group and was hotdogging when he flipped.
If he stayed in line with the group he would not have had this happen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom