Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not only that, but this kid went away from the group and was hotdogging when he flipped.
If he stayed in line with the group he would not have had this happen
According to the referenced story, wasn't that kid between 55 and 60 years old?

According to the referenced story, wasn't that kid between 55 and 60 years old?
yes, thanks for the correction.
I wasn't there, so I also don't know if they were led to an open area and allowed to free range or if he strayed from the group on his own.

yes, thanks for the correction.
I wasn't there, so I also don't know if they were led to an open area and allowed to free range or if he strayed from the group on his own.
According to the article, "...they entered an open green area, the man diverted from the group and rode on a section that caused his unit to overturn."

Being inexperienced + reckless has disastrous results. who'd have thunk it

Probably more to this than what the article states

Seems like pretty dated info. Haven't seen the ferries around since pre pandemic, I remember reading somewhere that they ended up in Australia (no confirmation). When it was running it upset the Winjet / Ultramar duopoly and forced some competition.

Seems like pretty dated info. Haven't seen the ferries around since pre pandemic, I remember reading somewhere that they ended up in Australia (no confirmation). When it was running it upset the Winjet / Ultramar duopoly and forced some competition.
I also thought it was weird to see it as current news.
The one thing I thought might be new is the public acknowledgement of it being an inside job.

Back when they were anchored in front of Sedena, Cameron (Northernone), and I did a shore dive to the small wrecks near there and made a short detour for a quick swim under the ferries. No hull attachments were spotted.

The one thing I thought might be new is the public acknowledgement of it being an inside job.

Back when they were anchored in front of Sedena, Cameron (Northernone), and I did a shore dive to the small wrecks near there and made a short detour for a quick swim under the ferries. No hull attachments were spotted.
I dove under the bombed one in Puerto Morelos. They were my preference in ferries.

I was at the marina about a couple weeks before the Playa bombing when one of Aldora's captains (who was, for months after, known as Boom Boom) brought in a suspicious floating object. To me it looked similar to a homemade sonar buoy / instrumentation package with an antenna sticking out of it. The marines thought it might be a mine. At the ramp they attached a small charge to it to test their theory. Big boom, they were right, it was a mine. Suspect that this was plan A with a remote radio detonator. Playa was most likely plan B.

I was at the marina about a couple weeks before the Playa bombing when one of Aldora's captains (who was, for months after, known as Boom Boom) brought in a suspicious floating object. To me it looked similar to a homemade sonar buoy / instrumentation package with an antenna sticking out of it. The marines thought it might be a mine. At the ramp they attached a small charge to it to test their theory. Big boom, they were right, it was a mine. Suspect that this was plan A with a remote radio detonator. Playa was most likely plan B
It was about the same time, I remember joking about looking for floating PVC pipe bombs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom