Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are scaring my up and coming visit!

Guess I'll hire Chuck as my Body Guard:)

Is the construction outside of CUN still ongoing?

Kind of silly reporting. The only ‘New’ flight I am aware of is AA PHL to CZM. With high season beginning I believe SW is reinstating it’s season flight service. And the Canadian flights are finally being reinstated now that their Covid travel restrictions have been relaxed

Kind of silly reporting. The only ‘New’ flight I am aware of is AA PHL to CZM. With high season beginning I believe SW is reinstating it’s season flight service. And the Canadian flights are finally being reinstated now that their Covid travel restrictions have been relaxed
You are correct. This is not a "news" story, this is a press release from the government intended to toot its own horn. They frequently ask the press to put stuff like this out to make it look like they are successful at bringing in new business.

It is like saying, 'After months of hard work, your government has made sure Cozumel will have another high season this year."

If you look at all the Cozumel "news" articles for this month, the vast majority boasted of all the marathons and cruise ship arrivals the island has. Stories of violent crime, home invasions, burglaries, etc. get little space. For many years, news outlets got a monthly "stipend" from the government, Back then, the news was even more slanted towards pro-government. Now, most of the "news" reported in Cozumel is just fluff, incorrect, or a press release. The few articles that trickle down to a rag that will translate it into English are even more filtered and irrelevant.

And another one bites the dust. "Pitus" was shot and killed last night as he walked down the street in San Miguel I. A friend of his who was with him was only wounded and now in the hospital.

In another part of town, gunshots were reported and when the police went to investigate, a guy on a motorcycle crashed into their vehicle. He was carrying a gun and was arrested.

And another one bites the dust. "Pitus" was shot and killed last night as he walked down the street in San Miguel I. A friend of his who was with him was only wounded and now in the hospital.
"A known island thief..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom