Local dive shop in Venice CA, refuses to fill tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nlbford:
Well I am not as familiar with Billy as I am with Ken - Billy is rarely rarely on a boat and my dealings with him have always been strictly in regards to purchases.

I do know that Ken has other concerns than whether someone gets back on time. If that was a primary concern, he'd have troubles with some divers regardless of the gas. Hell I have been on a reef seekers trip where the boat was held up for an hour by a free diver on the surface who refused to acknowledge the boats efforts to urge him on board so they could MOVE. :wink:

As for why you say "Nope", I am not sure what that is in response to. Are you saying they may not permit solo diving? To my mind, as far as any private company goes in making it's own policies, I don't agree with the safety police approach and thus feel that as long as what they do is legal, are willing to make it clear that the person needs to be aware of the safety implications, are willing to accept the liability exposure and no one else is put at risk, then they are free to allow or disallow what they wish.

If you are syaing "nope" and that they allow ANYONE to dive solo, I know that isn't the case. I have seen people turned down many a time.

If it is something else, I don't know what iot could be.

I guess you misintrepreted my ANBODY comment.. I wasn;t implying any person who wanted to dive solo was allowed rater just alowing even 1 individual (staff included) should mandate totally redundant equipment.

scubadan1:
Go diving with the group at www.divevets.com in Torrance. They give free air fills coupons after local beach dives.

I live in torrance, but never heard of this group... interesting, thanks... dive n surf related?
Chris

ChrisM:
I live in torrance, but never heard of this group... interesting, thanks... dive n surf related?
Chris

Disclaimer: I cannot speak for the group. I can only relate my experiance with it which has averaged at least two dives a week over the last serval months.

The Web site is new. Either four or six weeks on the air (I forgot the exact start up date) but "new" either way. It was put up by a few people (I am not one of them) who work at DNS on thier own inititive at ther own expencse. Still it is associated with DNS through the people who use and maintain the web site and shows the very strong bias that you would expect from loyal costomers and staff. There is an active message board on the site that is even more informal then this forum. While I cannot speak of what will happen in the future, in the past, air fill coupons have been handed out on many of the beach dives that were sheduled via the divevets web site.

BTW The "vets" in the name is most certainly taken from "Vetran's Park" where the bulk of the group's beach diving takes place.

For more information go to the web site. You can become a member of this goup simply by reading the web site and showing up on one of the dives. Dives are sheduled by posting to the message board. For example last week I posted a message saying I'd be at Marineland Sunday at 8:00am everyone is welcome to come. The result was 10 divers showed up. It's very, iinformal.

Frankly, I drive to Beverly Hills and go to Reef Seekers. No nitrox there, though.[/QUOTE]

I second the Vote for Reef Seekers. They have awsome policies... Including Free Air.

Back
Top Bottom