Lobos reservation Dec 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:) that was great, Lobos is such a magical place, that just sealed it. Even the park ranger was a bit peeved he didn't get to see. When he came by to chat I asked if he got to see the dolphins (he was talking about an osprey that's back) and he said, if I hear one more person ask me about the dolphins again!!! A bit frustrated he didn't catch a glimpse of them. Too bad no one was in the water at the time, though I doubt they could've seen them unless they were riding them.
Paula, you're welcome, not a problem at all.

Paula when are you going to buy a drysuit and be warm? Michelle needs to keep working on you :eyebrow:

Oh, I will. :eyebrow:

Peter, it could also be that Paula is just tougher than we are.

Yeah, she's got a really good system to keep warm between dives. She always does both dives on the Sanc and hangs out on top when we're moving. I still think she'd be happier in a drysuit though. :wink:

:) that was great, Lobos is such a magical place, that just sealed it. Even the park ranger was a bit peeved he didn't get to see. When he came by to chat I asked if he got to see the dolphins (he was talking about an osprey that's back) and he said, if I hear one more person ask me about the dolphins again!!! A bit frustrated he didn't catch a glimpse of them. Too bad no one was in the water at the time, though I doubt they could've seen them unless they were riding them.
Paula, you're welcome, not a problem at all.

Kristina,

Have you dove with dolphins? In Aug this year I dove Lobos and as I was leaving the cove, I picked up a sudden movement to my left about 12 yards away...

I noticed a large dorsal fin break the water, large dorsal fin, and then it submerged again with a grace... My body registered many thoughts but kept saying, "it's a dolphin, it's just a dolphin,,, hello nice dolphin,,, bye nice dolphin".

We ended the dive without a chance of seeing it underwater, but I will tell you this, they don't look like anything the TV show Flipper made them be, cute and a nice grey color...

This dolphin had barnacles and lots of spots and looked like Flipper on steriods... I can laugh about it now.... :D

Man, wish I could have been there. But my back and my car were both saying no :(

You didn't miss anything. wasn't the day to dive Lobos.
I actually got a chance to walk the trail and see a part of the park I've never seen before.

Dead battery eh Mike? Did you leave something on? What year is your car? Occasionally a battery just fails.

You didn't miss anything. wasn't the day to dive Lobos.
I actually got a chance to walk the trail and see a part of the park I've never seen before.

We were the only dive team to show up last year, except I took the entire family and hiked most of Lobos. Awesome place to hike. I wonder how many divers have never even driven to the other side of the park?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom