Lobos reservation Dec 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey now, you know the reservation went to someone near and dear to you (me).
I'm bringing a long-hoser with me, so everyone should be happy. Now I just have to read up on how to find middle reef, etc. once I get there. BAUE?

Bring someone else who has been to middle reef? It is easy to find. Last time I dove Lobos we could see the reef from the surface. We usually do Canary Point Wall for our first dive if we are doing two dives.

Hey now, you know the reservation went to someone near and dear to you (me).
I'm bringing a long-hoser with me, so everyone should be happy. Now I just have to read up on how to find middle reef, etc. once I get there. BAUE?

Middle Reef is smack in the middle of the mouth of Whaler's Cove. I imagine most of the surface kelp canopy is gone now so it'll be hard to find the sand channel from the surface, but if you just swim out to towards the middle of the opening of the cove and descend anywhere greater than 20ft depth, you'll probably land on middle reef :)

Point Lobos Underwater Maps
http://www.baue.org/lobos_maps/images/whalers_printable.jpg

Thanks Peter and Kenn. I'm bringing fobturbo with me (Matt) it'll be my second time there, his first. I have to admit last time I was there with Kathy and Don I wasn't really paying attention to my compass, I was enjoying everything around me, like a kid on Christmas. I'm hoping for some flat water and great viz.

And when was the last time you were in the water Brew......?????

I was just under last weekend.....:D
since I just returned from the frozen north, its been about a month.
does the shower count?

Brewski and Ernst, you guys will be at the MAG with Kathy right? This Saturday, be there or be squared....

Just make sure she doesn't get too close to your rigs, she will swap out your short hoses for longer hoses... :)

MG

Back
Top Bottom