Load resistor for a galvanic oxygen sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jordi

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new RB diver and I am diving the KISS Classic. In the last dive the reading from one of the cells started shifting erratically. Wiggling the cable at the point of attachment to the sensor head or swapping to another cable solved the problem so the issue is a bad connection. I have now opened up the cable and could easily see that the soldering gave up.

I am now rewiring all the Molex connectors for the cells and resoldering the resistors. And here comes my question.

In the circuit, all the wires to the Fischer connector except the ground cable have a resistor inline. The resistor is a 10 kilo ohm 1%.
The load resistor across the two Molex wires to each cell is 47 kilo ohm 5%.

I know that this circuit works and I do not plan to change it but I read everywhere that the load resistor for a galvanic sensor should be 10-100 ohm, and this is a much smaller resistor than the one current placed in the circuit.

Can anyone explain what am I missing? Could it be that what I call the load resistor is actually not. Is the load resistor placed within the sensor?
Thank you in advance

Jordi

Sounds like they were used for isolation between a hud/Fischer or between cells if the cable started to fail.

A load resistor will not be inline
It will be across b+ and b-
Absolutely, it is the 10 kilo ohm that is inline. The 47 kohm is across the two cables to the Molex connection. I forgot to be explicit about this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom