living barnacles in the body

where to get help help with barnicles living in your body

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
There should be one more block in the poll:

"Notify The National Inquirer"

Just my opinion . . .

the K
:lol:

Oh I think the OP is straight here, altho not precisely correct on some info.

I interviewed a few Podiatrists when I had foot problems, but went with an Orthopedic surgeon for the surgeries. If the DO hasn't got much done, it might be good to get an opinion for an MD.

The poll threw me off, but I agree with Don in that I think the post is real. I knew a guy who owned an aquarium store and developed mycobacterium marinum infection, infectious arthritis and strange autoimmune responses to such a severe degree that he had to sell his business and suffered for years after. The post rang a bell with me.

But where came the notion that the problem is a barnacle? After 20 years of suffering some doctor at some point must have put forth a theory other than a barnacle...

I think the story is a troll, BUT...

The aquarium disease that TheRedHead described sounds most likely based on the description within the provided link.

If the OP will let us know where they live maybe I can recommend a university medical facility.

There are other risks with saltwater related injuries - especially in our warmer gulf waters with less circulation. We have deaths every year in Texas to such, usually oyster and other fishermen. Scuba divers are at risk, but we don't dive those waters much. Yuck.

For any saltwater injury, on the boat, wreck you're diving, reef bumps - if it looks worse in the morning, go to ER. You don't have time for a doctor's appointment.

That's a good approach for any injury, probably. Brown Recluse spiders are also a risk here.
Sasquatch:
But where came the notion that the problem is a barnacle? After 20 years of suffering some doctor at some point must have put forth a theory other than a barnacle...

I think the story is a troll, BUT...

The aquarium disease that TheRedHead described sounds most likely based on the description within the provided link.

If the OP will let us know where they live maybe I can recommend a university medical facility.
Some confusion about the word perhaps. The OP is giving third hand info, and could have misunderstood as suggested in this similar word....
DiverBry:
Could you mean carbuncle instead of barnicle?

Yeah, Don.

The thing is I don't think a carbuncle comes close to describing this thing. "Attached to the tendon", etc.

We got a live one...... Where's Kimmie when you need her.

R..

Diver Dennis:
Here is a post that talks about prolonged effects from jellyfish stings. I don't think this is a troll, I have had severe skin infection on my knee after coming back from a trip where I brushed it against the coral in a heavy current and cut it quite badly. It took a couple months to get rid of, even on antibiotics.

http://scuba-doc.com/clinic/index.php?board=30;topic=268.1#msg613

Yes, sir. A couple of months as you say. Not TWENTY years!:shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom