living barnacles in the body

where to get help help with barnicles living in your body

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

she's been, they cut open, drained and removed as much as possible, it is attached to the main ligament under the foot, some what oval , round in shape, slightly protruding, walking bear footed irritates it and makes it swell, lately that is exactly what happened...... it swelled up larger than it ever has before and now there are 2 oval / not perfectly round masses, hard feeling under the foot in the middle of the foot still attached to the main ligament, the new one is now above the first one, they are afraid to cut it off the ligament...... they think she will end up in a wheelchair if operated on........is there some kind of solution injectable or not that will make it push out to the surface of the skinn? or is there any experiments being conducted for barnacle removal from inside of the human body????
any help, advice, and or direction to someone or some place is greatly needed

since it multiplied .... now 2 of them.... can it keep on multplying, this happen when she was walking bearfooted in the house and stepped on something right on top of the barnacle

Is this a confirmed barnacle in her foot? Could it be some sort of parasitical disease or a bacteria/viral infection like fish handler's disease. If there were a disease caused from oysters, it would appear in the population who handles oysters, harvests them or whatever they do to get them to market.

TheRedHead:
Is this a confirmed barnacle in her foot? Could it be some sort of parasitical disease or a bacteria/viral infection like fish handler's disease. If there were a disease caused from oysters, it would appear in the population who handles oysters, harvests them or whatever they do to get them to market.

Could you mean carbuncle instead of barnicle?

Have you thought about calling DAN? They may be able to provide more assistance than a scuba forum or a podiatrist.

This is what is sounds like to me:

5….A middle-aged man fell in muddy water at low tide, scraping his outer calve on a houseboat barge which had barnacles attached to it. His leg became infected and after numerous surgeries they diagnosed him as having Mycobacterium marinum or fish tank granuloma. He was in the hospital for over 10 days with not much improvement and had surgeries to release fluid build up on his knee, along with a drainage tube that was inserted into his calve. They also removed some tissue from his leg. Recovery took a long time.

Not living barancles, but what aquarists (like me) call fish TB:

http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/management/Lawler_Infection_Details.html

rocketdog:
what is anti - fouling paint? what is it used for?

I will do a pre-emptive apology for my irreverence. Anti fouling paint is what you put on the bottom of boats to stop barnacles growing.

No offense to the original poster, but, "That right there is funny, I don't care who you are."

I think I will call BS on this one.:shakehead

There should be one more block in the poll:

"Notify The National Inquirer"

Just my opinion . . .

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom