Liveaboard with fewer old people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Old people are yucky to look at. Who needs to see wrinkles, sagging skin, varicose veins, etc.?

If the worst things that you have seen on a dive boat are wrinkles, varicose veins and sagging skin, I would guess that you haven't been on all that many dive boats. I would say that the worst I have seen includes divers with poor buoyancy and no respect for the environment...

If the worst things that you have seen on a dive boat are wrinkles, varicose veins and sagging skin, I would guess that you haven't been on all that many dive boats. I would say that the worst I have seen includes divers with poor buoyancy and no respect for the environment...
I did not write that age ravaged bodies were the worst things I've seen on dive boats. The list is long, and includes what you have mentioned along with divers who do not check their SPGs and run out of air annoyingly early, frequently clinging to a DM, bulging white-rimmed eyes round with fear; divers who think they are in some sort of race; and DMs who insist on trying to manipulate my cylinder's valve before entry. In any event I was being somewhat facetious since I am an old diver. A very old diver. A shockingly old diver.

Friends don't let friends wear speedos.

Just saw this topic. I was involved in selling dive travel when liveaboards were just coming into vogue back in the mid to late 1970's into the early 1980s. I took a lot of liveaboard trips in my 20's and 30's (easily 20+) then life happened (wife, kid, career.....). Been on a few liveaboards since becoming an old fart diver. As a kid, I loved talking and diving with the old-time divers on board. As an old diver I really enjoy talking with young divers whose training, gear and philosophy of diving is usually so vastly different from mine. I keep an open mind and have discovered that 20-somethings like beer just as much as I do. M

Back
Top Bottom