Live aboard sinks. Col. Maniac was on it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kat once bubbled...
Glad all of you are OK.
Man, what a story. The pot smoker having his stash blown off the boat was too much. Now was that luck or were you all blessed?

That was luck.

Its difficult to describe what it was like as it happened so fast,
Had we been waken up any later than we was their would have been fatalities.

I just received an e-mail from all the survivors today and they all got home safely.
Tony

P.S Thanks for the response its much appreciated

Col.Maniac , the photo is so dark it's very hard to make out any detail ... hope you don't mind, I attempted some photoshop tricks to see if I could extract some additional details, I applied about 7 different adjustments.

And I'm very happy her crew and passengers are safe.

wow close one !
It makes you think doesn't it , what if !
When I go to the red Sea I'm going to make sure that I sleep with my scuba equipment next to my bed :D
congratulations Tony on still being alive :)

Dang Mech and Cudabait, are you the PO-lice. Mech, you have a zero tolerance policy on pot, do ya have one on tobacco and alcohol? Because if you really want to do the research, both of these drugs have had a much more significant negative impact on society, both socially and financially, than pot ever has. Oh wait, its illegal! Its also illegal to do 85 MPH on I-75. Been on I-75 lately? I no longer smoke or drink, I am an old fart with kids, but as far as I am concerned no society that condones tobacco or alcohol has a moral leg to stand on when it comes to putting people in jail for burning a fat green one. The true "gateway"drugs are beer and cigarettes. Anyway, several lives were saved cause this guy could not sleep. It must mean that smoking pot saves lives!

It is great no one was lost or injured in this matter.

As far as BradB goes, I'm certain I may be an older fart than he, and as evidenced by his immaturity probably somewhat wiser.

You never know, I really may be the police, BradB. However, I have spent years as a licensed boat captain, carrying passengers for hire. I absolutely have a no tolerence for drug abuse on a commercially operated vessel. My feeling becomes stronger when it is on a dive boat. Then you have a situation where the druggies can endanger other passengers and worse cause someone to lose their life while in the water.

I guess this is really mute. There are three good things of this: no one was lost, I won't dive on that boat (it went down) and I certainly will not dive with BradB.

So Cudabait, after the dive its OK to pound a couple of beers but its not OK to burn one. Why don't you support your argument with some facts as opposed to knee jerk politically correct BS. As a Captain do you run a totally drug free boat? That would of course include both alchohol and tobacco. If so I would have absolutely no problem diving with you, I would enjoy it. If you had actually read my post you would have noted that I no longer do either. Have you ever reseached the physiological affects of any of these drugs? In no way did I suggest that anyone should EVER dive in any way impaired. I have never personally done it and no way in HE__ would I dive with anyone who was. But my point is that after the diving is done how you choose to relax is a personal thing and nobody who drinks or smokes cigarettes has a moral leg to stand on when *****ing about those darn potheads.

Wow, what an.....adventure! The retouched photo pretty much says it all. And what else can you do after such an event but have a "massive pissup"?! :D
Sounds reasonable to me.
I am very happy to hear all survived. Isn't this pretty much how the Wave Dancer went down in Belize?

Did you get all of your gear or is it still at the bottom of the sea?

SueMermaid once bubbled...
Wow, what an.....adventure! The retouched photo pretty much says it all. And what else can you do after such an event but have a "massive pissup"?! :D
Sounds reasonable to me.
I am very happy to hear all survived. Isn't this pretty much how the Wave Dancer went down in Belize?

Did you get all of your gear or is it still at the bottom of the sea?

total gear salvage was about 70% for 14 divers with full kit.
but all gear was damaged by diesel and all of it was destroyed for safety reasons diving with it.
Tony

P.S thanks for cleaning up the photo I cant do that yet :)

Thank you for surviving to tell us your story and to dive another day ... with all the sensationalism around diving and it's hazards we all are very thankful for happy endings ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom