Little River , Cow and Telford are blown out - 04/03/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Little River is already syphoning...Downstream Cow is springing with River Water...Telford is gone too.

Can you say Yinnie and Manatee???

No word on Peacock yet. It may last the weekend , it may not.

Thanks!
Beano

P.S. Looks like it's going to be good diving at Freedman's. Ah yes :D :D

yay for recharging the aquifer! yay that we were there last week! :D:D:D

this was just good planning on our part and in no way related to luck... :eyebrow:

They should start paying us to come to N FL. The last time it rained prior to this was in January when we were there, and then it rained lots again when we were there last week.

Therefore the solution to the N FL drought problem is simple - Pay Marci and I to move there and cave dive full time.

LOL !!!!!
You guys are too funny.

Looking at the guages on the With (Madison Blue) , they are forcasting a RECORD STAGE next week. (EEK)
And the guages on the Suwannee are forcasted to get as high as the flood of 1991. (DOUBLE EEK)
(saw a note from Mike M. and he was saying the river at Downling Park is forcasted to get higher than it was back in 1991...Cathy said in 1991 the river got within 100 feet of the shop etc...GADS)
Janet says P3/P1 goes under when the guage at Luraville gets to around 27-28 feet. It's at 23 feet now.

YOU GUYS SURE TIMED IT RIGHT... (wink)

No real action on the Sante Fe here at High Springs...But if the Suwannee gets real high , the water backs up on the Sante Fe.
We are diving Yinnie tomorrow morning...Maybe the flow will be down ( rofl ).
(Ya , in my dreams)

We shall see.

Beano

yay for recharging the aquifer! yay that we were there last week! :D:D:D

this was just good planning on our part and in no way related to luck... :eyebrow:

Unfortunately this is going to little for recharging the aquifer. The rains were very hard and rapid in the region,so some will soak in,but with the reports I am getting with the Suwannee being very muddy,it says that the rain is run off with top soil. The systems will get an influx of this muddy river water,but it is not the same as recharging the aquifer,actually since the aquifer is so depleted,it will take longer to drive out this tannic water.

I was there same time as BabyDuck. Glad we went when we did! I've lost count of how many times we've been blown out and had to make other plans.

Funny, we were chatting with Bill R on Friday last week and he said that it looked like they had made it past the fudge factor and that it would be smooth sailing now with no threats to the systems. He went into detail on how the trees bloom and how much water they take, etc etc.

I guess he was wrong!

Last edited:
thanks, kelly, i guess that makes sense. however, if larry & i moved there, you'd have lovely slow soaking rains every day... :wink:

yes, jean, lucky lucky us!! and lucky fargo, eh?

What does this mean for the Weeki Wachee project? It's not a Suwannee system, of course, but from what I've read it's very touchy.

Things I'm wondering:
1) Entering. Will the flow be unmanageable?
2) Conditions down by the marshes tunnel, where the team thinks leads to the other sink that has been stagnant for years.......

I think in a recent report they said that spring was springing again Twin Dees was the name or something like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom