Little River and Peacock Springs blown out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well critters go with cool places, I can usually roll with it as long as they do not want me for dinner. I guess the comment from my buddy when he said spiders as big as your head kind of took me off guard. It all comes from that stupid movie!
The alligator meetings would be very cool as long as they were not looking for dinner.
Ranger Rick at Peacock told of a over friendly gator that Fish and Game had to remove because it was approaching divers looking for hand outs. He mentioned it I am certain to make the point that if you feed gators they will of coarse look to humans for food.
Not a good idea!
Over all if Banana Spiders are it well I can deal with them, like mentioned I will have my buddy take point while I keep a good look out! Our instructor did mention always knocking your shoes or boots out because of a little nasty spider that will make you sick. I can not remember what it was called.
When we were in Mexico a few years back the bats were really active which i found interesting not unsettling. I know they have big spiders and scorpions but again as mentioned the big ones are not as harmful as the little ones. One just has to be mindful of your environment and remember it is their home we are visiting.
Great information and again thanks.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I have always lived by one simple rule that was related to me by a divemaster in Hawaii: Don't molest anything that might molest you back...... Which I always assume includes putting your hands or other body parts in places that you haven't looked in or probed first.

I love bats, and love floating around on my back and watching them flit about in the cenotes. I don't even mind scorpions, and I could easily learn to tap my shoes before putting them on.

I have yet to run into a tarantula in Mexico, and the first time I do, it won't be pretty. But at least they don't drop on you. The banana spiders are NOT high on my list.

As a former Veterinary Technician, I had a rule of thumb about such "critters". I don't go near them if they are land dwelling & (naturally) have more than 4 legs or less than 1. :D :shocked2: :outtahere: Yes,... we had clients try to bring in pet snakes & spiders....... Yuck!!!!!

I was told by my instructor that several years ago (before I started diving) one of our LDS's cave divers was approached by a small gator in Orange Grove. After having fallen for the group's "calling wolf" several times, he wouldn't listen. He had a 3' gator about 6' away. He looked over, saw the gator & from what my instructor described, did a very hasty retreat:D. He said he had never seen anyone in a set of doubles move that fast before!:rofl3: Oh, how I wish I had been there to see that!

we were walking out to mf cold sink (yeah that really is the name),and i walked right through two banana spider webs. One of those bastards went down my neck,and southward. My really alert buddy smacked me on the back like a heimlich,and missed a now pissed off spider. Left a big red welt,but no anaphylaxis.

ahhh!

the ear is closed and there's is a temporary permanent line in the eye
it was extremely busy on Saturday despite the nasty weather

I was with Jim Wyatt when he laid the temporary permanent line. He said he expected it to remain in place about two weeks. He also said this was a fairly common occurrence.

Even with that temporary permanent line, the entrance looked like a spiderweb for a while. I left after Monday, and the last few days just about everyone was using the temporary permanent line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom