Little River and Peacock Springs blown out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So why not consider a trip to Mexico instead?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My passport is in the embassy for renewal, and I have the chance for time off in two weeks. Ain't gonna make it. It's gonna be a road trip or nuttin.

We dove Manatee on a weekday and we saw no other teams at all.

I have never seen it crowded on the Mill Pond, although I suppose it could happen.

Ginnie, on a weekend when the other caves are flooded, is VERY crowded.

It was crowded at JB this past Saturday. But you also have to keep it in perspective. Crowded at JB is not crowded at Devil's... I hate to say it, but even the Mill Pond caves are taking some hits due to the recent rains. The caves are still very divable, but conditions are not even close to perfect. Those of you who have only seen the Mill Pond caves over the past couple of years wouldn't know them now.

It was crowded at JB this past Saturday. But you also have to keep it in perspective. Crowded at JB is not crowded at Devil's... I hate to say it, but even the Mill Pond caves are taking some hits due to the recent rains. The caves are still very divable, but conditions are not even close to perfect. Those of you who have only seen the Mill Pond caves over the past couple of years wouldn't know them now.

JB doesn't seem to do crowded very well. A couple scooter teams blowing through the clay areas past the first T can reduce viz to the cavern down to 20'. Wish people would get off the trigger in the sensitive areas.

What is the likelihood that Ginnie too will flood in the next few weeks?

not very likely, was at Ginnie on Saturday and flow was still pumping

The walls were stained at one time :) As far as I know, pretty much everything in FL has reversed at one time or another... cept maybe Jug?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom