Trip Report Little Cayman Beach Resort: Trip Report April 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a heads up. Your baggage doesn't always make it on the same twin otter as you. I try not to book the last flight of the day to LC for this reason. LCBR is good at getting your bags to you if they are on a separate flight, but if you're booked on the last flight you might have to dive in rental gear on the first morning boat. It happened to some folks I was traveling with a couple of years ago. LCBR comped them the gear and their bags were at their room when we returned from the morning two tanker. A good reason to have your PDC and prescription mask (if you use one) in your carryon.

I have never had the misfortune of my bags not making it, but we always carry our masks, regs, and cert cards along with swimwear in one of our carryons just in case. We typically go in August/September and I usually dive in shorts and a rash guard. It is an easy place to pack light for...no need to dress up for dinner unless you just want to for some reason.

I have had bags not make it to Brac and Little Cayman a few times. Be forewarned; it can happen

How is it that your bags don't make it? Don't you retrieve your bags at GCM and check them personally onto LC at the gate?

I can tell you that more than once, I've checked my bag at the Cayman Express counter on GC, landed on LC and been told that the flight was over weighted and my bag would be sent next day. Going from LC to GC, no problems.

How is it that your bags don't make it? Don't you retrieve your bags at GCM and check them personally onto LC at the gate?

You will be flying in a twin otter which is a small plane and it may also be carrying some cargo as well as luggage.

Thank you for the responses. I'm booked at pirates point. 10/28-11/04.

Please provide a trip report. Have not seen many from Pirates Point for a while.

If Chef Anthony is still working there, you are in for a treat! He was the chef at LCBR for a long time and we still miss him when we go to LCBR now.

Edit: Just looked at their website, and he doesn't show up as part of the team. Have a great trip and let us know how you like it!

Will look forward to a review! We have tapped out for PP because of only 2 dives per day, their hype that 2 of their dives equal 3 at other dive resorts since they are not timed dives (We have never been ask/forced to return before our tanks were empty) and the lack of ac. We stopped by for a quickie lookie one trip to LC and it appeared to be a bit to rustic for us. Read great reviews of the food and ambience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom