line arrows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nova:
what are lines used for?

generally, to get the attention of a member of the opposite sex

nova:
what are lines used for?

To provide reference to return the way you came.... not to blindly follow into a dead end. You don't get "lost" and then rely on lines; you use lines to keep yourself from getting lost in the first place.

You never trust a line or marker you haven't personally verified yourself.

H2Andy:
generally, to get the attention of a member of the opposite sex
I'll remember that as I celebrate my 13 aniversary with my wife tonight. I wonder if some of the old lines will still work :D BTW hows the hand

hands are ok... thumbs are pretty messed up (blue, black, and swollen)

no infection though, so it should ice down fine

H2Andy:
hands are ok... thumbs are pretty messed up (blue, black, and swollen)

no infection though, so it should ice down fine
good for you. for revenge you should use a spray bottle on jet mode. they never know where it's coming from LOL

captndale:
Permanent lines should NEVER be left inside of wrecks. While it is ok to temporarily place base lines while doing an exploration or survey they should always be retreived when the project is completed. Wrecks are not like caves. Wrecks are living things. They move; bulkheads and decks collapse; lines get trapped and lines get buried in debris. A "permanent" line can soon become obstructed to the point that it can not be followed. If a diver finds himself lost and tries to follow an old "permanent" line it may just lead him into a dead end.

And here I thought Caves were living things....cave-ins are probably not as frequent, but as has been stated, the only worthwhile line is one that has been personally verified, whether in a wreck, a cave, or a bar :wink:

Otter:
And here I thought Caves were living things....cave-ins are probably not as frequent, but as has been stated, the only worthwhile line is one that has been personally verified, whether in a wreck, a cave, or a bar :wink:

if only there were hundreds of thousands of feet of perm. line running through bars...

KangarooSeatbelt:
if only there were hundreds of thousands of feet of perm. line running through bars...

I dunno....I see the same lines being used over and over in bars.....thankfully, the ladies are smart enough not to trust em unless they have been personally verified.

Back
Top Bottom