line arrows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
planning to get my 1st set of line arrows for wreck diving.
Halcyon , OMS and DiveRite - are they all the same or is one better ? 2nd , what about in terms of pricing ?

Line arrows are all the same. I don't know about price though, I just bought the no-name brand ones.

How are line arrows used in wreck diving?

Unless you are leaving permanent lines in wrecks what would you use them for?

A need for line arrows in a wreck??? I'm intrigued.

We usually have one man working reel and one following. When we turn, it reverses and the second guy becomes the leader following the line out while the reel man reels it up. I can't see using them at all unless you are leaving permanent lines...

pufferfish123 once bubbled...
more of in a slit up area with 0 Viz.
will need the line arrows to point me out

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is confused here.....

So are there permanent lines run in these wrecks that you are diving, cuz I was under the impression that in wreck diving you run a reel, so couldn't you just follow the reel back out?

Wendy once bubbled...

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is confused here.....

So are there permanent lines run in these wrecks that you are diving, cuz I was under the impression that in wreck diving you run a reel, so couldn't you just follow the reel back out?
Wendy, that is definitely SOP on the wrecks we dive...we would never leave a line in place.

well i have considered that.
but there are times where from the main line that we have laid, we do a small jump into maybe a room for exploration.

In the case of a slit up, if one was to reel back to the main line, say using the jump reel , i dun want to think where is the exit. i want to feel the line arrows and go out immediately.

I am starting to understand. What I would probably do is just do a wrap on a pipe or something, head into the room, explore it, and when done just come back out on the reel, unwrap, and then continue on my way.

You may be doing much more complex penetrations than I do though..

IMO, any line arrow will work fine..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom