lightweight undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nimoh

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone recommend some drysuit insulation for me?

I have a DUI FLX Extreme drysuit, and currently have ActionWear Professional insulation. DUI lists this as 560g/m2 and rates it for 45-60 degrees. However, I think I tolerate the cold quite well, as I have used this underwear quite comfortably during ice dives where the water temperature is below 40.

I am now taking my drysuit to Mexico where my expectation of water temperature will range from 60-75 degrees (I'm guessing). It was recommended to me that I get some underwear in the range of 200g/m2, but I'm thinking that something a little lighter would be better for me.

So, probably looking in the range of 150g/m2 to 180g/m2.

I use a pair of Lands End polarfleece sweats in MX, with a base layer under them. If I were doing dives less than an hour in length, I'd skip the base layer. But I get cold easily -- and I do wear a hood.

The cenotes stay pretty much at 75-76 F, year around.

Do a search for cheap undergarments. There is an extensive thread on inexpensive undergarments. I've had great results with mine.

Here you go
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2601388

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

thanks for the great replies, I have ordered the Tilos, since I am pretty sure that I am chubbier than Lynne too :)

I'll know for sure, when I am in Seattle for a tweak dive in 3 weeks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom