Dry suit too big?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CapGH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello SB,

As someone diving in the Netherland the water is always cold. So I recently bought a second hand drysuite to try out. The fitment is alright. A little bit on the small side restricting just a bit to much by the legs. It also had a really small leak but I could repair that.

During black friday there was a nice price for a Apeks drysuite. So I ordered it. Looking at the size chart the legs/but where on the tight side on the size range. And the upper portion where on the spacious side of the size range.

As expected I feel that the lower part of the suite is quite nice, and the upper part is a bit baggy. The back has something to take in the back in so I can still do that but I am a bit doubting about the arms and shoulders and chest.

With some thicker undergarments it feels a bit better than with the picture here. What do you guys think?

Is it fine, on the edge, or to big?

Attachments

• 095104F9-79BC-4A18-BB08-35951E6F6A43.png
    095104F9-79BC-4A18-BB08-35951E6F6A43.png
    380.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 2F02B904-CB97-4AF1-9E5D-9F3FA780FE74.png
    2F02B904-CB97-4AF1-9E5D-9F3FA780FE74.png
    370.8 KB · Views: 137
I've not seen drysuit people wear such a floppy drysuit, nor have I seen such a blue dot where their face should be

I've not seen drysuit people wear such a floppy drysuit, nor have I seen such a blue dot where their face should be
Yes I sometimes have that issue, for some reason my face turns into a blue dot :p

Just my opinion but it does look pretty loose on the top but the legs seem fine. I’ve found for me baggy legs are more problematic in a bag suit because the folds and creases cause pressure points and leg cramps.

the cut of the suit will require excellent trim and weighting, it will make you a better diver and in the future when you get a made to measure suit it will be all the better for you.

if the price was right and you have it in hand dive away.

It looks way too big to me. If you are a very experienced drysuit diver, you may get away with it. I you are a novice, then find a better fitting suit. A very baggy suit can trap a lot of air and lead to an uncontrolled ascent.

Yes I sometimes have that issue, for some reason my face turns into a blue dot :p

It's a great colour, maybe you could ad some rouge to your cheeks

095104F9-79BC-4A18-BB08-35951E6F6A43.png

Back
Top Bottom