Lightweight alternative to Jet fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went with the ScubaPro Go Sport fins
For warm water (3 mil or less), single tank diving, you should be fine.

And -- I'm getting radical here -- I ordered the blue fins instead of the black fins.

Pink fins would have made you very popular above and underwater.

For warm water (3 mil or less), single tank diving, you should be fine.

I use them in colder water in 7mm suit and doubles no issues. I have friends use them with drysuits in double doing cave and wreck diving no issues.

I ordered the fins from Jupiter Dive Center because their website indicated that the size and color that I wanted was IN STOCK.

They lied to me. Now they're trying a bait-and switch tactic with me.

I won't be doing business with them again.

I ordered the fins from Jupiter Dive Center because their website indicated that the size and color that I wanted was IN STOCK.

Very much OT: I would suggest if you decide to move to Seattle, and do a bathroom kitchen remodel, do not go to Pius Kitchen & Bath. I paid $3K for some cabinets for a remodel. Went a couple weeks later to pick it up. They didn't have all the pieces. They had no idea when they'd get all the pieces. They then tried to deliver a bunch of assembled cabinets, which they apparently had pieced together from I don't know where as all the pieces were damaged and it was still incomplete. I refused delivery, requested to cancel my order. They ignored phone calls and emails, so I just reversed the charges on my CC.

I wouldn't say they lied to you. It is possible that they are so incredibly incompetent, they have no idea what they actually have in their storage.

I don’t usually recommend people buy dive gear via Amazon, but did you check there? Might be worth a shot.

Best bet, get them from Amazon, easy to return them to a kohls and avoid shipping. I have yellow and white, the white are pretty beat up and discoloring.

I've been diving a lot with the ScubaPro Go Sport fins. Warm water, shorts, rash guard, single tank.

Super lightweight for travel.

Easy on, I still struggle a bit to get them off.

Plenty of power with the frog and flutter.

I find them somewhat mushy with the back kick and helicopter, compared to my jet fins.

I'll add my 2c.
I use both the Go Sport and Xdeep EX1 hard fins.
Xdeeps are 2.765kg for the XL (6lbs) havet measured them in water and GoSport are 1.7kg for the L size (3.75).

I used the sports when single tank diving, travelling, recreation stuff, but they're too soft for winter drysuit diving with 2x12l steel tanks. They push you, but really easily fold.

Also, not the greatest fin for backing, for anything else great.

My take is this, Jet's are supposed to be heavy. They make their propulsion by beaing a massive thick stiff piece of rubber.

Easy way of cutting some weight is modding them to have bungee straps. Saves a lot of weight. Maybe even lowering them to 2kg.

So size wise the goSprot are the same size as jets or jet adjecent fins. But functionally wise. Not so much min my opinion.

I still do maintain that the comfiest foot pocket is on the GoSports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom