Light Monkey Glue-On Thigh Pocket - Anyone have one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I really like the look and design of the Light Monkey Glue-On Thigh Pocket. Since Im in the quest to afford a drysuit and Im pretty sure Im going to get a Whites Fusion Tech. It looks like they come with pockets already. Just looking for some suggestions, ideas, insite.

thanks

If you do buy a fusion, you will want to get one with pockets as that suit isn't designed to add your own. I do not use the Light Monkey pockets but I do use the Halcyon ones and they are similar. I am very happy with them that inner pocket to hold wet notes works nice.

The pockets on the Fusion tech aren't ideal, but they are manageable. I have cave dived with multiple spools and a pigtail; it was completely fine with bare hands, but would have been a challenge with dry gloves. In cold water, I don't carry as many small items, and I can get an SMB and spool out of my pocket fine. Putting it back in is a bit of a thrash, and I'm sure putting wetnotes back in would be, too, if I used my wetnotes much. But that, of course, is why you have a buddy.

Putting other pockets on the Fusion skins is a challenge. I do know that several people have done it -- I believe one of them goes by airsix on this board. It was a complex procedure that involved securing the skin to the underlying bag. I was never that ambitious. For the Sport skin, I just used X-shorts, which altogether cost not much more than one of the fancy pockets, and there was no issue of how to put them on the suit.

Honestly I'd be more inclined to buy those shorts that have the pockets. Less chance of mucking it up, and easier to sell if you decide you don't want pockets. Ya, it's something else to keep up with, but IMO having choices would be better than permanently altering the suit.

Back
Top Bottom