Light Monkey 12W additional Sidemount is $50 worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at getting a can light. I have decided on the 12w LM because I don't need massive cave lights and I dont feel like spending as much as my drysuit on a canlight. I also prefer the durability of LED vs HID since again, I'm not planning on getting into heavy tec (yet).

My primary question is: Can the extra 10 inches of the sidemount conversion still be used to dive backmount (both singles and doubles)?

I primarily dive singles right now but plan to move to sidemount here shortly for a multitude of reasons that are better suited for another thread (or maybe not since they've all been discussed to death).

I also plan on doing GUE Fundies at some point so I need to have a usable canlight for that in doubles.

Can I just wrap the extra cord around the can a bit? Will it get tangled in my longhose setup?

I'm 6'4" so I'm actually thinking that the extra length will be nice even not in sidemount.

Take a look at this light, just to give you more info Mike :cool2: No idea on price.
Dive Xtras - Dive Xtras

BTW changing a light cord is not that hard when the time comes. FWIW I upgraded from a 10 watt HID to a 21 watt HID and sometimes feel like I want more light.

You can still butt mount it to a plate if you want. Just clip it off to the bottom holes. Extra cord can be wrapped around your arm. It's a fantastic light that is quite compact and versatile.

Back
Top Bottom