Level of Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

What statement are you talking about???

You don't do OW anymore? Not many caves up here in the PNW... are you doing confined water? Pool work? Missile Silos?

This was a good thread. You figure out what statement.

Yes, I have dove a missile silo. Titan, 180'.

I'm not having a pissin match with you over GUE Pug. Go find someone else to play with.

Your Friend,
Phil

This was a really great thread, and I was keenly interested in the views being expressed, please do not bring it down to your level as you do with so many others

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
This was a really great thread, and I was keenly interested in the views being expressed, please do not bring it down to your level as you do with so many others
That's a little harsh don't you think? As the originator of this thread I would like to encourage UP to raise this discussions to any level he feels appropriate! :)

"Watch out, they spit!" (From the annimated movie Aladin.) :wink:

Butch103 once bubbled...

When some smuck comes in off the street to sign up for a BOW course they have little or no idea on who GUE/PADI/NAUI/SSI etc are and most likely don't care. So tell me what caliber of student are you talking about...the end product or the person walking thru the front door uninformed ???? Unfortunately you got my back up insinuate that any GUE dive instructor can tell any better than another agency instructor whom will make better diver, by just looking at them as they walk in the door.......DIR?GUE may ( and I say may ) be a better diving system ( I am not trained so I cannot comment yea or nay) but their instructors are not eh amazing kreskin.............:boom:

But what they'll do is weed out the folks from day one. I'm guessing they'll do that with swimming requirements and medical forms that will eliminate potentially hazardous divers.

Oh, don't tell me that PADI has swim requirements-those are a joke. Only the dead will not pass.

MechDiver once bubbled...

I'll believe this absurdity when I see an independant video showing exactly that. I can't think of enough words to decribe this. What these people go to to prove to the rest of us how great they are...or think they are.

and

I don't do OW anymore, nor am I interested in 5thD. Maybe they don't care to impress me, or anyone else, but some of you sure try.

I have no problem with GUE as I don't feel I need their permission to dive.

My statement stands.

Aren't we defensive? The proof is right in your backyard for you to see for yourself without having to believe us or any video, and you don't want to see it. As Jack Nicholson said: "You can't handle the truth!"

I had a great OW class (never swam in a pool at all, everything was in the ocean, 20', surge, swell on the surface etc.)

I had a great AOW class (limited vis, cold water, drysuit).

I want more than anything else to have peak buoyancy skills and completely efficient movement whenever I am in the water. Overall, I think I'm doing really good and swim without silting, touching the bottom etc. Here's where I have difficulties though, I don't own my own drysuit, weights or BCD yet. Everytime I go out it is like starting over with figuring out where the trim and buoyancy of "today's" set-up is.

For all you instructors out there, how is best to dive efficiently within these parameters, I can't very well spend 20 minutes each dive adding and replacing weights and moving them around. I just see this as a real handicap until I own my own gear. Thoughts?:confused:

detroit diver once bubbled...
Aren't we defensive? The proof is right in your backyard for you to see for yourself without having to believe us or any video, and you don't want to see it. As Jack Nicholson said: "You can't handle the truth!"

Defensive about what? I'm not the one making the claims DD. And if I go to Seattle or thereabouts, its to dive. I don't care about seeing your GUE class because, are you ready, I don't care about GUE.

I strive to make myself a better diver to please myself. As I said, I don't need your permission.

Handle the truth? What bull****. It ain't rocket science dude. There isn't anything magical about gooey. Besides, they stold most of the stuff from Hoggy anyway.

I guess you can't argue with perfection. Or was that a wall....?

Back
Top Bottom