Let's put the Sun in the Sunshine State

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KeyLargoBrent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey. So everyone's wondering what to do about global warming, right? Well, here in Florida, the answer really should include solar power.

Here's an idea: Why not put solar panels on all our roofs? We'll save money on our utility bills AND generate enough energy -- with zero pollution -- to cut out 20 coal power plants. (Coal plants are the biggest source of global warming pollution.)

We can do it. I know we can. California did it. Governor Crist is looking for clean energy ideas. Will you join me? It only takes a second. Just click here to sign on:

Vote Solar

Thanks.

Done my friend:D I would love to save money........... The cost of living here is
eek.gif
to say the least.

Let the Sun Shine on.....I'm on board!!!

Good Diving,

I signed the petition.

- to cut out 20 coal power plants. (Coal plants are the biggest source of global warming pollution.)

that is incorrect, :no Actually Cows, at least the methane they produce when they fart, is the biggest source of global warming pollution. :11:

In a study done 3 (?) years ago it was found that 69% of ozone depletion leading to global warming was the result of methane in the atmosphere and more than 50% of that methane was produced by farm animals. :coffee: Lets all do our part to fight Global Warming by eating more beef! :D

But then again 88% of all statistics are made up on the spot...:rofl3:

Done! Thanks, Brent!

Done! Thanks for the info. :D

I have used solar power before, and think it is great.

Just one downside that everyone should be aware of about solar panels. They make great big wings for your roof in a hurricane. You will have to secure them if a storm comes.
Can you elaborate on securing the panels?

I have thought about it but not sure if panels and tile roofs mix very well.

Have been thinking of water heater and pool heating first.

Is this a sell electricity to FPL or do you have to store excess generated?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom