Let's put the Sun in the Sunshine State

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you elaborate on securing the panels?

I have thought about it but not sure if panels and tile roofs mix very well.

Have been thinking of water heater and pool heating first.

Is this a sell electricity to FPL or do you have to store excess generated?

The ones we had just ran the water heater and heated the pool. We did not sell back to FPL. We had cells that stored the power. They would get us through a day or two of no sun with hot water.

Some panels have brackets so you con bolt them down flat to the roof in case of a storm. I would suggest you remove them when a storm approaches. Bolting them down flat did not work for us in Andrew.

that is incorrect, :no Actually Cows, at least the methane they produce when they fart, is the biggest source of global warming pollution. :11:

In a study done 3 (?) years ago it was found that 69% of ozone depletion leading to global warming was the result of methane in the atmosphere and more than 50% of that methane was produced by farm animals. :coffee: Lets all do our part to fight Global Warming by eating more beef! :D

But then again 88% of all statistics are made up on the spot...:rofl3:

This is complete BS, it's termites that are producing all that methane because of the high fiber content in their diet. Cows are number two

Also it's not 88%, it's 82% :no

This is complete BS, it's termites that are producing all that methane because of the high fiber content in their diet. Cows are number two

Also it's not 88%, it's 82% :no

Well, I guess if the BCS can list Ohio St. at #1 with their schedule, then I guess you can list termites there too...:D

The ones we had just ran the water heater and heated the pool. We did not sell back to FPL. We had cells that stored the power. They would get us through a day or two of no sun with hot water.

The big question is how much are the panels?

Last time I did a cost comparison, it would take more than 15 years to recover the cost of the panels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom