Let's get to know the Philippine paradise divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have just convinced me to take a trip to coron on my next trip. Travel agent ba ang sideline mo? :D

diveshop@diveph.com:
Hi Iris_ice,

Barracuda lake is such an awesome place, I never get tired of seeing it every time i'm there. It's a short hike, do not worry, you will be fine . You can tell the bankeros to bring up your gear, but they will charge a small fee for it. Coron has the cleanest lake in the Philippines...Kayangan. If you guys go there you will have to pay entrance fee of 200 pesos to tagbanuas (tribe).

Remember that you will be less bouyant in fresh water so you don't have to bring all your weights. Also make sure you touch the bottom. The sand is spongy and soooo soft that when you try to punch it with your hand your whole arm goes thru! it is such a trip!!!

If you guys have time visit the Maquinit hot springs, nice relaxing place. And have a pizza at Bistro Coron where they have the best cuisine in town, owned by Bruno a french guy that cooks gastronomic delights!!!!!

Coron is awesome, the terrain reminds me of Palau, lots of Islands made of Lime Stone.

If you guys are awake before reaching the pier, you will see the small group of Islands that make up Nothern Palawan.

lake.gif

diveshop@diveph.com:
Also make sure you touch the bottom. The sand is spongy and soooo soft that when you try to punch it with your hand your whole arm goes thru! it is such a trip!!!

lake.gif

reminds me of the same situation in Manila bay !!! the bottom is sooooo soft and you may even stick your arm even you entire legs into the bottom, thoguh it has some difference : the bottom is BLACK and the water 2feet above the bottom is so murky tha you coul dnot see your hands at arms length

marinea:
haha, this is interesting... :redface: anyway, nice meeting all of you here, and maybe we'll meet underwater on 27 Jan?!? :D by the way, how's the weather in Philippines/Anilao now?
the weather is great. The water's a little bit chilly but manageable. Let us know your itinerary and where will you be staying!

thanks, tom! was worried about the hiking there for a sec.

now i'm really excited to go to coron :littlesho will definitely try bistro coron :bouncesbl

wardric:
Name: Eric
Diving Since: 1994
Certs: FQAS OW; PADI AOW, Rescue, DM, Ice; TDI Nitrox
Dive History: Canada (Quebec, Ontario, Great Lakes) Mexico (Yucatan coast, cenotes), Florida (St Petersburg area, Key Largo), Cuba; Sea, lakes, rivers, quarries, caves (cenotes), ice holes
Favorite sites: would be the mexican cenotes by a mile but Cuba is nice too.
Equipment: Mostly Dacor (the original brand) and a Drysuit DUI TLSse. Canon A75 with casing.
Dream dive: the Philippines of course :)

Certified MOF...:D

welcome wardric to the PPD, where you may regret joining hehehhehehe....

you are now drawn to be a PASAWAY !!! like Kim

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom