Let's get to know the Philippine paradise divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chip104:
Welcome Jams to the PPD!!!! I see you're having lots of fun with your camera. Good luck with your med studies! I choose the research path...and I ended up diving here. :) ....

:)

Research in the phillipines, oooh it's a hard life :14:.
Bah, and now it's your chance to get to know me, ask me and any all questions about Jamaica, provided that it's not too retarded :wink:.

Nah missy, no diving today, that's reserved for the weekend :D :D!

Jamdiver:
Bah, and now it's your chance to get to know me, ask me and any all questions about Jamaica, provided that it's not too retarded :wink:.

up north in buenget province farmers earn some living growing herbs. when they are near to harvest the military comes in and burns some for media. and confiscate the rest, though the farmers are able to get some money for the next cropping.

so in jamaica, from planting seed to harvesting , how long does it take growing them in your closet?

what lighting do you use?

i don't think these questions are retarded they violated any TOS. just make sure you respond as well without breaking TOS or you could just PM me
jamaica.gif

paolov:
up north in buenget province farmers earn some living growing herbs. when they are near to harvest the military comes in and burns some for media. and confiscate the rest, though the farmers are able to get some money for the next cropping.

so in jamaica, from planting seed to harvesting , how long does it take growing them in your closet?

what lighting do you use?

i don't think these questions are retarded they violated any TOS. just make sure you respond as well without breaking TOS or you could just PM me
jamaica.gif

Lol paolov believe it or not, I know next to nothing about growing,smoking, drinking or otherwise consuming 'herb'.

No really.........
I can only make presumptions based on the climate here, I think most of the times they grow it in the 'bush' that's out in the country, most of the island is mountainous so it's a little bit cooler at altitude.
I don't know a couple weeks/months??

No clue dude, just as a little note contrary to most 'media' and or western opinion, most people do not smoke weed.
But I think more do here as a percentage than in other countries, it's almost like a cultural thing for some people.
If I went to a party with more than 20 people and didn't smell some herb, i'd be shocked.

P.S., I know you're kidding but I had to seem serious... :wink:.

paolov:
yup just kidding

If you are into that sort of thing, down here would probably be heaven!
I think that's what the tourists come for, sun,sea, sand and ****!! Lol.

I have a story about a tourist who came to me and my buddies while we were taking off our kit on our last dive and asked us if we knew where to get some ganja.

Jamdiver:

Nah missy, no diving today, that's reserved for the weekend :D :D!
ya, it is hard but I'm very impressed with the resilience and resourcefulness the labs here have. Marine biology was the only program here worth my time since all the other programs I could have done back home. But studying here has really humbled me - I always think twice about throwing away supplies and I always make sure to handle the equipment very carefully!

So how's the post secondary education system in Jamaica? Did you do your undergrad there or abroad?

Did undergrad here, could have chosen to do it abroad like lots of my friends.
Some went ivy league schools or other colleges, actually I know of a few people who went to MCgill.
Think lots of Jamaicans have gone there.

I'd say the post-secondary system isn't bad here, the universities are fairly good, provided you can afford it.
Which unfortunately not everyone can since the government only pays for some of it.

2 main universities here, University of the west indies which has campuses in different countries/islands depending on the discipline, law, medicine et cetera.
It's sort of the 800 pound gorilla in the caribbean, been around for ages.
Sort of newish one here, university of techonology, more tech oriented, been around since the 70's I think and tons of other smaller institutions here and over the Caribbean.

BTW, when I say Caribbean I mean english speaking caribbean, can't speak to puerto rico, cuba, hispaniola, the french islands et cetera.
Also Guyana and Belize are considered part of the english speaking caribbean, because of their historical, cultural and social ties even though they're in south america and central america respectively!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom