Let's get to know the Philippine paradise divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

welcome tom!

so, i checked out your wreck pix and not to be a baby or anything but i saw some pictures entitled barracuda lake wherein you were hiking, scuba gear and all :shocked: is that the only way to get there (hiking, i mean)?

chip, is that how we're getting there? :sadlike:

oh, and here's your balloon :balloon

:new_smili

iris_ice:
welcome tom!

so, i checked out your wreck pix and not to be a baby or anything but i saw some pictures entitled barracuda lake wherein you were hiking, scuba gear and all :shocked: is that the only way to get there (hiking, i mean)?

@iris: i think so, i've read about the barracuda lake site in one of my books :D

You have to climb a steep rocky hill to reach the lake wearing your gear . . .

Barracuda lake has one barracuda only in that lake hehe.

don't forget Gunther's Cathedral :)

jonix:
ooooooh boy here we go again :D

where are you mike?! the canucks fan is at it again :laughing:

Hi Ish! Hi Iris!!

:D :05:

yep, that's how we're getting there. Very excited! Welcome to scubaboard Tom!!!!

iris_ice:
welcome tom!

oh, and here's your balloon :balloon

Hi Iris_ice,

Barracuda lake is such an awesome place, I never get tired of seeing it every time i'm there. It's a short hike, do not worry, you will be fine . You can tell the bankeros to bring up your gear, but they will charge a small fee for it. Coron has the cleanest lake in the Philippines...Kayangan. If you guys go there you will have to pay entrance fee of 200 pesos to tagbanuas (tribe).

Remember that you will be less bouyant in fresh water so you don't have to bring all your weights. Also make sure you touch the bottom. The sand is spongy and soooo soft that when you try to punch it with your hand your whole arm goes thru! it is such a trip!!!

If you guys have time visit the Maquinit hot springs, nice relaxing place. And have a pizza at Bistro Coron where they have the best cuisine in town, owned by Bruno a french guy that cooks gastronomic delights!!!!!

Coron is awesome, the terrain reminds me of Palau, lots of Islands made of Lime Stone.

If you guys are awake before reaching the pier, you will see the small group of Islands that make up Nothern Palawan.

lake.gif

chip104:
hey, no prob Marine. Anytime. Please feel free to post any questions you have in the Anilao thread. We do change our opinions and thoughts as we mature as divers. I think that's rather amathing you went through the entire threads! sorry about the constant hijacking. :)

I really hope you enjoy the PI. In fact, I know you'll love the diving here. Make sure to come back! Singapore is so close.

and guys, you see that! She winked at me! :)
haha, this is interesting... :redface: anyway, nice meeting all of you here, and maybe we'll meet underwater on 27 Jan?!? :D by the way, how's the weather in Philippines/Anilao now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom