Let us have a ScubaBoard meet and greet. - Idea and Planning Thread!

Where should we go?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be there too (very long trip for me ..... 20 minutes :D)

And I will make sure to have the 3D map of Heisler Reef before then .... just for You guys/gals.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Can someone give me an idea of the most convenient dive shop near Heisler Park or my hotel (Best Western Laguna Brisas) to rent tanks and a weight belt?
Thanks!

Laguna Sea Sports is within walking (if you're up to it) (2-5 blocks of the differant dive coves).
Check their site for more local information:

Laguna Sea Sports

They have a good website showing the daily dive conditions and (street) maps of the different dive areas. Free coffee in their shop. You will be able to get everything you need there.
Dave should give us a time to meet. I am going with my two friends from work and if the weather is nice, then a two tank dive would be good.

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm all set to go, got a flight (southwest, no extra luggage fee) rental car, hotel, all for about $400. Really looking forward to meeting you all and doing some of my first So. Cal diving.
I do plan on doing 2 dives, so I sure hope that's how it's done down south too.

The dive shop Laguna sea sports is up two blocks from shaws cove. Not really walking distance from heisler park, but close. I believe air fills are $6.

It's walking distance from Shaw's, but not while in dive gear, hauling a tank. If you bring a wheeled cart, maybe, but you'd have to be some sort of masochist to not simply toss it in the car and zip over instead. And yeah, Heisler is farther still.

Those blocks are mostly uphill, too. (not a joke about uphill both ways, it's actually uphill)

I'd plan on driving, if fills are needed. Or bribe locals to bring extra tanks. :wink:

Driving up to get air fills is probably the best idea.
I usually only dive (freedive) laguna in the summer and parking is quite difficult, so if you go to get your tanks filled you would not have a place to park when you return, but hopefully since it's winter, parking will not be a problem. I might just rent a second tank as it's $10 for that versus $6for the fill and save all the hassle of moving cars and waiting for fills.
Hopefully the VIS and weather will cooperate...............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom