Length of the 24" SPG hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since we're nitpicking stuff right now with "which way do you clip your SPG off" and "should I bring the SPG to my light...or my light to the SPG", showing your buddy your SPG is no longer part of the GUE valve drill. Just a little fyi...

AJ

i tie mine at the swivel. too close to the gauge and you have issues when you unclip with gloves (have to splay some fingers behind the gauge and it makes unclipping awkward)
Interesting - I tie my bolt snap pretty close to the gauge, and have to splay my fingers to clip and unclip. That's the way I have always done it, so it does not feel awkward to me at all. Of course, I do not dive that often with thick gloves, so maybe that has something to do with it ...

Tuck the elbow in then rotate wrist clockwise. Brings the hose outside the elbow then it all just falls over the deltoid area on the shoulder. Take GUE-F and all will be explained.

Really its a lot easier than it sounds to bring the spg outside the elbow. In tech diving you got stage(s) over there and you gotta bring it around them anyway. In cave diving you really need to bring the spg to the light not the other way around. Honestly it was a 2 dive fix for me after being told the "right way" in DIRF with Joe T.

As I mentioned earlier its no big deal in OW recreational diving (although reaching back with your lighthead still in your left hand is definately annoying). But DIR is all about learning the right way so you can seamlessly upsize your diving and not have to relearn different equipment, skills, or protocols.

Well, I said I'd give it a try. I was surprised. It's easier to read. A lot easier. Easy to do as well. Thanks.

Well, I said I'd give it a try. I was surprised. It's easier to read. A lot easier. Easy to do as well. Thanks.

You'll have to show me this; I'm still having issues picturing how it works.
Not sure I could it right now anyway, in this thick-ass wetsuit...:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom