LeisurePro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used LP and my LDS for purchases and never had a problem with either of them. I used LP for my higher end stuff, reg., BC, dive comp., etc. And I used my LDS for mask, fins, tanks, wetsuit, boots, hood, gloves, etc.

While I saved a bundle on the LP gear, I will never feel guilty or feel that I slighted my LDS, as I certainly paid a premium on the items I did buy there. I saved hundreds LP and perhaps overpayed hundreds at my LDS. I feel I struck a balance that I can live with, and my LDS tweaks my gear for a fee just like they would (and do) with the gear they sell.

Having said THAT... my best purchase was my first. A weight-intergrated BCD. Glad I went that way, those lead weights were murder...

I know some of the folks that work at Leisure Pro and have purchased many items from them in the past and even today.. They sell items at a very good price and if the product is bad or you need to return it for some reason I have found them easy to work with... You can also try Northeast Scuba Supply... I don't remember the website address but do a search on the name and you should be able to pull it up.. Ask for John at Northeast Scuba Supply and he will take really good care of you.. You can also look at Abyss Dive Systems on the web www.abyss.biz and they sell good products at a fair price... All the above have good people working at their shops and would take care of you...
Good luck and have fun

Another LP satisfied customer

I bought most of my equip. from leisurepro and save hundreds of dollars. No problems. If/when money is no longer an issue - I'll buy my stuff from my LDS.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????????????

LP is bad for things like regs, BCS, computers and such.

if a recall happens you are SOL. you can't get it fixed. People say well i can ship it to them to get fixed, my question is why do you want some who the maker of the part does not want within 100ft of their product working on yours?

check out places like scubatoys.com or diver-supply.com or a few others who have prices about the same as LP on many items but ARE DEALERS....

now for fins, and a mask and such LP is a good thing.....i bought tusa split fins, scuba pro mask, boots, kife for 129.00.....my LDS wanted 325 for the same thing.

My regulators came from Spain, my bp and wing came from Texas, my computer came from Oregon. If there's a recall on the reg, I'll send it in and have it fixed. If there's a recall on my wing, I'll send it in and have it fixed. If there's a recall on my computer, I'll send it in and have it fixed.

LeisurePro does regulator service for about the same price (or lower) than you will spend at your LDS. LeisurePro completely covers the manufacturer's warranty, and from what I hear they're pretty decent at fixing or replacing things when they're broken. I know I've heard a couple of stories of something getting recalled, and LP sent out a new one not in the recall.

They're good people, and if you're that scared of the manufacturer.... well.

If you buy a product from LP, how do you know if is recalled? Easy, just remember to periodically go to the given manufacturer's web site to see if any of their products are recalled. If you stick to one brand, then it is even easier. As an added benefit you also get to stay on top of that company's product line changes, etc.

No manufacturer with any reputation to protect with any commercial presence in the U. S. will refuse to honor a recall of a potentially dangerous product based on where it is purchased. The liability created by trying to be cute with only allowing a repair/replacement of products purchased through "authorized" dealers only would only increase the liability of the manufacturer should something go wrong. Besides, what if you purchased a product second-hand? You would probably not have any idea if it originally came from an authorized dealer or not...but the liability of the company that made the product in question is unchanged...they still have a legal and moral obligation to get that product out of the marketplace as soon as they reasonably can. If not, the liabilities they face could put them out of business.

The two most recent recalls that come to mind for diving equipment are Uwatec (Computers) and Sherwood (BCD). Go to either web site and they will direct you to send the product back to an authorized dealer OR to the manufacturer itself for a replacement/repair as necessary.

So, don't let the chance of a recall scenario force you to pay lots of your hard earned cash at the LDS. There may be other reasons to buy at your LDS and pay more, but this issue should not be one of them.

Scubamax

I bought my zeagle Ranger Ltd. BCD at LP, because even after shipping and customs, it was still $350-400 less. I wanted to buy it at my dive shop and made them an offer of $100 more than what LP what selling it for. But they couldn't do that.

LP had great service, and I am a poor student. I would not have been able to afford that BCD at the LDS. On the other hand, I have been given great prices for my regs and computers from my LDS, and although they are $40-50 more than LP, I will definitely be buying from my LDS.

There is another more practical reason about buying LDS for me. That is I dislike having to send items across the border, and it is easier to pick it up from the shop.

AFAIK, Zeagles are not a big brand for recalls. Anyways my Ranger is pretty rock solid, and I take good care of it. I expect years of service.

UWSojourner:
OK. I'm relatively new to diving (6 mos). I have bought some equipment at a local scuba shop (BC and Reg), but I ordered a BC and Reg for spouse from LeisurePro recently for Christmas (actually after Christmas).

It seems some of you think its a big gamble. Are they reputable? They seem to say you can return things. The convenience and cost seemed good, but are the products not genuine or used?

Any help appreciated. (posted this in wrong spot first under lights, sorry for duplicate)

Liesure Pro sells the same new gear as everyone else but they cannot get certain lines of gear because some companies practice "fair trade" or "price fixing". Both are illegal in the U.S. There are always shops willing to trans ship product and that's how Liesure Pro gets stuff they don't buy direct. You can still get a full warranty from them, and they are very good about that. They don't want to lose customers any more than any other dive business. Liesure Pro doesn't sell items that are not genuine or used! I bought a pricey pair of fins from them, saved over $25 and saved the sales tax. P.

Back
Top Bottom