leisurepro warranty: scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman:
The big thing evenyone misses on the whole "warranty" thing is what is actually covered...it's PARTS ONLY, you still have to pay for the anual service and if you miss it once the warranty is void anyway. So what is the actaul value of the warranty...$10-30 per year.
I Agree with Hermon and ElectricZombie, the warranty is if you have a very good dive center that will service properly and replace the parts right then you ok , but given from my experence most don't or can't do them right.

I specifically bought scubapro gear BECAUSE they were so reliable and maintenance free. My gear's been serviced once in four years, and the only additional work the techs did was tweak some settings on my AIR 2. In fact they even flat out told me that unless you're a tech diver, dive a LOT, or really really messy, yearly service was a waste of money and time on them. I believe the phrase "going to the Mercedes dealer for an annual checkup" was likened to it.

i would ask lp how much they charge for the parts if they do the service. i think it's way less than $35. the total service is probably no more than somewhere else with "free" parts. i used to get regs serviced there. turnaround time was very long, though. i think they have a technician come in no more than a couple of times a week.

I bought a SP reg from them and they serviced it . The parts were free just like the LDS and the service charge is $39.95 ( a lot cheaper than the LDS)

archman:
I specifically bought scubapro gear BECAUSE they were so reliable and maintenance free. My gear's been serviced once in four years, and the only additional work the techs did was tweak some settings on my AIR 2. In fact they even flat out told me that unless you're a tech diver, dive a LOT, or really really messy, yearly service was a waste of money and time on them. I believe the phrase "going to the Mercedes dealer for an annual checkup" was likened to it.

It may be a waste of money, but by the letter of the warranty it's required, and if you miss by even a day, you're out-of-warranty and can't get back in. Ever.

(This, by the way, was one of the things that weighed toward Atomic for me. Two year service interval to retain warranty, and if you miss it, one service gets you back in.)

--Laird

Buy a scubapro MK25/G250 from a scubapro dealer cheap. Looking around on the internet you can find retailers selling stuff at the same prices. Sure there not supposed to sell scubapro over the internet but they will. I got mine for $400 with full warranty and my LDS is selling it now for $380. Better yet hop on ebay and get one even cheaper. The trick is to ask the seller if he is a Scubapro dealer and then look him up on the SP website. Many times you will find dealers who are going under or just clearing out their stock on Ebay. As long as you keep your mouth shut you will get the parts replacement cards. It is totaly worth having the cards if you service your gear every year, wich you should. Also if your reg. fails and you get stuck with millions in medical bills you can sue scubapro and the dive shop for your loss. If you got it from LP you are SOL.

Experience will teach all that quality is quality no matter where you buy it. I advocate supporting one's local dive shop whenever possible. A Scubapro regulator is a good product just like a Dacor or an atmos, etc. What would you do if your shop, where you bought your regulator closed? You would still need a source to have your regulator serviced. I bought my Poseidon regulator locally and now I need to go elsewhere to have it serviced. Buy your regulator at the best possible price. Use the internet to locate the competition which will get you more product for your money. Look at Scubatoys.com, landlocked in Texas, but they sell a ton of diving gear on the net! P.

glimmerel:
I am considering buying a scubapro regulator, the MK25 S550, from leisurepro. Has anyone had to use the leisure pro warranty for a scubapro part/product? If so, what was your experience?

My LDS has the same product for about $150 more that than the lp price. I have purchased other stuff from LP but have not had any problems. Most places, whether LDS or online, are usually fine for purchasing but I want to know whether LP really honors the Scubapro warranty (I mean by LP's own warranty that says it will match the manufacturer's).

Thanks!

I had a friend who sent off a regulator to a mail order scuba place for warranty work once. Apparently, instead of the correct poppet they installed a horrible little flesh eating elf that leapt out of his second stage and bit off his toungue. When he got back up on the boat he said, "I sccchudda gawnna my LDS.

Scubakevdm:
I had a friend who sent off a regulator to a mail order scuba place for warranty work once. Apparently, instead of the correct poppet they installed a horrible little flesh eating elf that leapt out of his second stage and bit off his toungue. When he got back up on the boat he said, "I sccchudda gawnna my LDS.

I had a friend who was going to buy his regulator online once. But he stopped at an LDS and talked prices and the LDS matched the online shop's price. So my friend bought local. The LDS didn't make his normal profit but he now has a reliable customer. This is one of those LDS's that tells you whether he can compete on price, shows no hard feelings when he can't, and doesn't try to coerce the sale.

So which story do you think is more believable?

I'm in an admittedly thin area as far as LDS' go, but I have talked to 3 who stock SP equip. None will get close to the LP online price (MK25/S600) of $385. I travel to Miami alot, and even there the cheapest they've been willing to go is $475, and that's only if I bought 2! That's over $200 (if you figure in the tax I'll pay at the LDS). I can get alot of parts for that...

Granted, www.rip_off_scuba.com isn't your best bet, but you have to decide when and where you will take your chances...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom