LeisurePro vs. LDS - reg unassembled?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If LP does not repair equipment, how will they handle the recent Oceanic recall which seems to require some part install?

Assembly Fee? Your LDS is trying to scare you into buying whatever they sell. Don't buy anything from them. To "assemble" the gear, all you need is a crescent wrench.

Servicing here is $20.00 per stage + parts if not under warranty for comparison. I really don't think a shop will do a decent job for less.

Lwang once bubbled...
If LP does not repair equipment, how will they handle the recent Oceanic recall which seems to require some part install?

I believe that the manufacturers are legally required to replace/repair devices regardless of their warranty status or age; I may be wrong on that but I believe this is true.

I am looking at my LeisurePro warranty card and it says "LP warants the orginal purcahser that this equipment.... free of defects for the same period offered by the manufacturer"

"The warranty shall be limited to the repair adjustment, and/or replacement at it's option of defective parts free of charge excpet the cost of transportation..."

So - it looks like they DO repairs but when I spoke to the very informed sales guy he told me they just send out new ones.

BTW - I was charged an Assembly fee of 24.95 but they zeroed it out on my bill.

They also offer a trade-in program

This is the third time I have purchased from them and evertime I have order I have gotten exactly what I ordered, at the price I expected, and very quickly with just UPS ground. I am VERY happy with LP. It's funny though- they are not open in Saturdays.

They also offer a trade-in program

What kind of price do they offer trade-ins for? 10 cents to the dollar?

They're Hasidic

Couldn't they just get some non-practicers to come man the store on saturday? It is not too hard to find them in NY, or even ones who practice, but doesn't follow it as strict. I guess it doesn't matter if they derive all their business via internet orders where they could pack and ship on sunday or the monday. But they lose all saturday phone order and retail store sales. And from the looks of it, weekend is the only time that the store is real busy.

LP services everything they sell. Why not just pick a time of year that you are not gonna dive for about 3 weeks and send them your stuff to service. They claim that they back up everything they sell. I've had nothing but good quality come from LP.

Lwang once bubbled...

What kind of price do they offer trade-ins for? 10 cents to the dollar?

Couldn't they just get some non-practicers to come man the store on saturday? It is not too hard to find them in NY, or even ones who practice, but doesn't follow it as strict. I guess it doesn't matter if they derive all their business via internet orders where they could pack and ship on sunday or the monday. But they lose all saturday phone order and retail store sales. And from the looks of it, weekend is the only time that the store is real busy.
It doesn't matter. Business is not allowed to be conducted after sundown on friday, and saturday.. If they own the business even if they get someone else to do the job, business is being conducted..

If you want to take this to extreme.. I go to CES (consumer elecronics show) every year in Vegas.. These booths are extremely expensive... I'd say 10-15%of the booths are closed.. they(hasidim) pack their booths up earlier on friday than everyone else and shut it for Sat.. considering its only a 4 day show, if they were allowed to have non followers do business for them they would..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom