Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And both are located just minutes from my house....how utterly unfortunate :D

If you visit the store, you can spend all the time in the world there and try on and touch and feel stuff without anyone getting pissed off:wink:

I've ordered from LP for years. I've never had a bad experience. My experience is they've done more customer service than less.

Years ago I ordered a Mares Puck computer. It arrived and I opened the box to see it was the Puck Pro. I called them and told them they screwed up, that I ordered the Puck, not the Puck Pro, and that I'd just pay the difference I owed them. They guy pulled up my order and said, "Yeah I see a note here. We are out of the Mares Puck so we sent you the Puck Pro instead. You don't owe us any money."

Another time I waited for my order that I paid extra for 3-day delivery and after 5 days I called them to basically bitch. I was reminded one of those days was a federal holiday and the other was a sunday and the mail didn't move those days. I felt like an idiot but they cheerfully refunded my postage even after I told them never-mind, it was my error. I actually did receive my order in three "business" days.

On another occasion I had a computer I was selling them on their "gear buyback program". The gentleman quoted me $125 after I sent him photos and told him it was still like new in the box and had about 12 dives on it.
A few days later I emailed and told them I was mailing it. An employee replied and said when they received it, they would check it out and tell me how much they would pay for it and if I didn't like their offer, they'd send it back to me. I told him I already had an offer, I accepted their offer, and that offer/acceptance was a contract, and I provided them the offer their employee emailed me. He said "No problem" and sent me $125 BEFORE they even received the computer in the mail. I was quite pleased as this was the Puck Pro that they sold to me months earlier and sold me at the regular Puck price, a $30 difference. So they actually paid me $155 for a computer I used 4 months and bought from them for $149. :)

I've heard "horror stories" about LP, but it has all been from dive shop owners who can't match LP's prices. I've had nothing but a good experience from LP. Sure, they screw up orders just like every other business does, but in my experience they make it right and don't just blow you off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom