Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
so basicly you're saying he is biased because he *is* an employee, and you
are biased because you've had *bad experiences* with them

neither of you is an unbiased witness.

in fact, who is?

You're absolutely right. In fact, isn't LP a sponsor of this website?

aquaoren:
ClassAction:
Well, I don't see any problems with an employee of any store posting here and he wouldn't be the first one nor the last. Not said that he is one though. You may believe he is, just as I may believe you are one too. :wink: To assume dishonesty and to proclaim it loudly without an evidence just because it appears to be clear for you shows that you're quick to jump to conclusions.

Read his posts again -- I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions.

aquaoren:
I don't see how he is hiding who he is in any way more than you are hiding who you are. Profiles are pretty empty, so you'll excuse me if I take your word (and his too) with a grain of salt (Not that I would behave differently even if you'd have your profile updated because I'm a skeptical person)

He has clearly implied that he isn't an employee. If he is, then he's hiding. David? Why don't you just say so.

ClassAction:
aquaoren:
Read his posts again -- I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions.

Seems to me that we are holding prisoners in Guantanamo on less evidence. :crafty:

And if that is the case, is it not a violation of the TOS to be hawking your wares in forums other than stuff for sale? Or is David just doing what Larry does openly?

Even if he is LP, it looks like his post just respond the questions which is right on the rules. It would really be too bad if davidr feels compelled to hide a business relationship with LP, but with the amount of grief they catch, I guess I could understand it if that is the case.

ClassAction:
In fact, isn't LP a sponsor of this website?

i don't think so... i think we get those banners through Google

but Larry (Scubatoys) *is* a sponsor of this site, directly. and he still follows
the commercial post guideliness.

maybe you should become familiar with those

ClassAction:
Why don't you just say so.

he may like to protect his privacy, for one?

this is a non-issue, dude. nowhere is there a requirement that people
disclose their affiliations with local shops or online dealers.

if he wants to do it, fine. if not, leave him alone.

H2Andy:
he may like to protect his privacy, for one?

this is a non-issue, dude. nowhere is there a requirement that people
disclose their affiliations with local shops or online dealers.

if he wants to do it, fine. if not, leave him alone.

This didn't start out as a witch hunt for hidden LP employees. I simply pointed out that someone who is defending LP appears to be an employee. That's it. There's nothing wrong with pointing out someone's apparent bias. And to be fair, I don't mind someone pointing out the other side of the coin -- that many LDS's would love to see LP go under (and again, I don't work for one!). In fact, I even highlighted my own bias. After several bad experiences with LP warranty policies, I won't do business with them ever again. Here's a summary of my BAD experience:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=687824#post687824

After thinking for a moment, I remembered that I was once of the many LP defenders:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=489279#post489279

Coincidentally, i was complimenting a David! Who knows, maybe it's the same guy?

Anway, I think we have beat the horse many times over by now. My final word: take everything you read with a grain of salt. You never know what the other guy's agenda is...

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=489279#post489279
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=687824#post687824

ClassAction:
My final word: take everything you read with a grain of salt. You never know what the other guy's agenda is...

yup, too true

In the world of Scuba the term grey market seems to be mis-used to describe products that were often made, distributed, and sold in the US by those who are NOT willing to sign away their rights to do business as they please in the name of becoming an authorized dealer....

If you are not an authorized dealer than how did you obtain the equipment? Grey market usually means that the equipment was purchased outside the normal system, either from a European vendor or when a dive shop goes under. The big problem I see with buying LIFESUPPORT equipment from the internet is how do I know what kind of shape it is in.

Yes, I work for a ScubaPro Dealership.

PhinDiver:
The big problem I see with buying LIFESUPPORT equipment from
the internet is how do I know what kind of shape it is in.

welll, the same goes for equipment purchased at at local dealer. how do you
know what's happened to that reg from the time it left the factory to the
time it got sold to you?

maybe the intern merchandize arranger dropped it a few times on the way to
the front of the store? how do you even know it's "new"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom