Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly~~~

aquaoren:
I don't mind travelling to get high quality training. :D
Beside that, the good LDS will survive regardless of LP or other internet retailers. The crappy ones will close but very few will cry for them IMO.

davidr:
cmgmg:
To be honest, I simply walk over to LeisurePro if need anything (I work nearby). There have been other posts in ScubaBaord regarding LeisurePro and their practices so I decided to ask them which manufacturers are they authorized dealers of. The answer was an honest one ... none.

[Actually that's not exactly true, as they are dealers for Citizen, Apollo, Tusa , Sea and Sea to name a few which are listed on their websites.

I'm sure there are smaller companies as well like the accesory stuff.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Check out Davidr's posts and tell me if you think he's an employee of LP. Hmmm.... I wonder....

http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php?searchid=1319564

ClassAction:
davidr:
Check out Davidr's posts and tell me if you think he's an employee of LP. Hmmm.... I wonder....
You may well be right. In fact, there's a LP customer service employee that uses the same e-mail name -- at least there is now; I hadn't seen his name there before.

Um, "Gotcha" implies that you've been hunting for him... :06:

In any case, I've looked through davidr's sporadic posts here, and don't see anything objectionable. True, he's been using the third case when referring to LP; if he were an employee, I'd probably prefer that he make that clear, like Larry and Scott Z.

But besides that, davidr has been giving matter-of-fact factual information having to do with LP -- information that turns to be true in every case I've checked, or been involved with (like regulator service).

And if it is him, the one LP customer service e-mail I got from him -- responding to a merchandise return request -- was short and sweet, but very prompt and courteous.

Maybe he feels he'd be attacked if he openly identified himself here as a LP employee? Nah, that would never happen... :eyebrow:

Anyway, I don't see much of a problem.

--Marek

ClassAction:
davidr:

http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php?searchid=1319564
Hmmm.....I wonder......what your point is?
I wonder as well whether you're an employee of a competing dive shop that would love to see LP close? It's very difficult to say from your limited profile info. Hmmm.....I wonder why?..... :eyebrow:

aquaoren:
ClassAction:
Hmmm.....I wonder......what your point is?
I wonder as well whether you're an employee of a competing dive shop that would love to see LP close? It's very difficult to say from your limited profile info. Hmmm.....I wonder why?..... :eyebrow:

My point was pretty simple -- that LP employees often post on here. It's faily clear (to me at least) that david is an employee, although he took active steps to hide this. Sound like an honest business? I don't know too much about that dude Larry, but I've seen dozens of posts in which he clearly identifies himself. I haven't purchased anything from his shop yet, but I'm far more likely to patronize a business that is honest.

And I'm far from an employee of a LDS, although I'm personally not fond of Leisure Pro(had my own bad experienceS). Accordingly, I'll be sure to note my disdain for LP in my "limited profile."

ClassAction:
although I'm personally not fond of Leisure Pro(had my own bad experienceS). Accordingly, I'll be sure to note my disdain for LP in my "limited profile."

so basicly you're saying he is biased because he *is* an employee, and you
are biased because you've had *bad experiences* with them

neither of you is an unbiased witness.

in fact, who is?

i do see your point that it's better to disclose your biases up front, as you
have done. certainly it would be important to me to know that someone
speaking in favor of a business was being paid by that business.

but i wouldn't discount what they said; i would just weight it appropriately

(hehe.. he said discount)

ClassAction:
aquaoren:
My point was pretty simple -- that LP employees often post on here. It's faily clear (to me at least) that david is an employee, although he took active steps to hide this. Sound like an honest business? I don't know too much about that dude Larry, but I've seen dozens of posts in which he clearly identifies himself. I haven't purchased anything from his shop yet, but I'm far more likely to patronize a business that is honest.

And I'm far from an employee of a LDS, although I'm personally not fond of Leisure Pro(had my own bad experienceS). Accordingly, I'll be sure to note my disdain for LP in my "limited profile."
Well, I don't see any problems with an employee of any store posting here and he wouldn't be the first one nor the last. Not said that he is one though. You may believe he is, just as I may believe you are one too. :wink: To assume dishonesty and to proclaim it loudly without an evidence just because it appears to be clear for you shows that you're quick to jump to conclusions.
I don't see how he is hiding who he is in any way more than you are hiding who you are. Profiles are pretty empty, so you'll excuse me if I take your word (and his too) with a grain of salt (Not that I would behave differently even if you'd have your profile updated because I'm a skeptical person)
While david appears to support LP, he could be only a happy costumer, just as you are a disgrunteled one. :wink: I've seen posts on this board that were much more obvious in recommending a certain business. :eyebrow:

H2Andy:
i do see your point that it's better to disclose your biases up front [...] certainly it would be important to me to know that someone
speaking in favor of a business was being paid by that business.

but i wouldn't discount what they said; i would just weight it appropriately
Andy--

Yeah, that's pretty much in line with what I had written above... that if davidr is a LP employee, it would be nice to know that up front.

But my other point was that none of davidr's posts -- that I could find -- were bad-mouthing any competitors, or were otherwise negative in any way toward anyone. They also weren't particularly claiming that we should buy all our stuff from LP because they're the absolute best merchant that's out there.

They were simply explaining what "may" have happened when a particular problem cropped up with LP (I assume in retrospect he may have had some inside knowledge), or "nudging" people (like me) in the direction of what to do to resolve a potential problem. I don't think that's bad at all.... in my case, after I did what he suggested (I was going to do it anyway), my problem was immediately resolved.

If he's indeed a LP employee, I think he'd be a real asset to this Board. If he could take the almost-certain slings and arrows...

--Marek

Good point, Marek.
We frequently speak of Scuba Toys and the way they're going to market after the scuba diver. I would think that I would be prudent for LP to have an active, participating member on the board to field questions, complaints, etc. in much the same way that Scott Zeagle and Larry of Scuba Toys do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom