Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you think the "authorized" dealer fan club will tell the full story or just the first part about the extra $100 charge?

They won't tell this story at all. Computers bought at Leisure Pro don't have a warranty, remember?

I guess most people find it more trouble & expense to sue from out of state than the item is worth.

actually I believe that since they are effectively doing business in your state you sue them locally. it probably costs LP more to defend themselves, and so they probably don't. then you get a default judgment locally. then you have to get that judgment applied wherever LP has assets, through a court order or something. sometimes you can sell judgments like you can sell accounts receivable, for some amount less than the total. put a lien on property they own. good luck let us know :)

Why the need to sue????? He talked to Bret and now the matter is settled and the OP is happy about the way it turned out.

Sometimes you get more flies with honey and it looks like a nice chat with Bret solved his problem.

We still aren't sure that Scuba Pro who made the crap in the first place is offering free replacements across the board. We have heard that it has happened in limited instances.

Even though Brett is here now trying to take care of this (and I applaud him; he's a real nice guy), this should not have ever happened in the first place! If you're giving a full manufacturer warranty... You should be giving it right out! Not trying to get 100$ out of the customer...:shakehead: How many people will this happen to, but don't know about Scubaboard and will fork out the 100$ thinking it's normal?

This is the kind of thing that turned me off LP.:(

Brett has been making huge eforts to help people out, which is great. Cheers to him!:coffee: But this shouldn't be happening in the first place... The real need is for these problems to stop happening, rather than patching up them up later on... If LP does this, I think they would regain a large amount of the business they have lost over the years!

Good luck Brett!!!:coffee:

I think you're being too hard on LP.

It's good they got this sorted this out and the OP is happy but probably what happened was they figured they'll just give him a full store credit for the amount spend originally and if he wants to upgrade to a higher end model he can just pay the difference.

Let's say the computer became defective 2 months after he purchased it when they still were producing this model and the customer said he didn;t trust it anymore, it would be perfectly normal to do what they did , credit him the amount he paid and charge for whatever upgrade he wanted. So just because it became discontinued now they didn;t think of giving him the upgraded one at no charge as they probably didn;t call Scubapro to find out what they would do here.

I once had a defective return with them and they took care of me but it wasn't a Scubapro product.

Alls well that ends well anyway..

Let's say the computer became defective 2 months after he purchased it when they still were producing this model and the customer said he didn;t trust it anymore, it would be perfectly normal to do what they did , credit him the amount he paid and charge for whatever upgrade he wanted. So just because it became discontinued now they didn;t think of giving him the upgraded one at no charge as they probably didn;t call Scubapro to find out what they would do here.

I sort of feel bad for LP. Unless they have some secret back-room deal with SP, or can e-bay it for something, they'll end up eating the full cost of the old computer as well as the difference in cost between the old one and the new one.

Terry

I sort of feel bad for LP. Unless they have some secret back-room deal with SP

Leisure Pro is the largest scuba dealer in the world they do more business than most of the companies they buy from, many of these companies deny they sell to LP, they obviously do since LP always has the latest and newest equipment at the best prices.

Now they even have Brett who will answer any questions and work on solutions, way better than most local stores or even some of the so called authorized dealers. Don't feel bad for LP they are doing just fine offering great selection and prices and good fair service.

I sort of feel bad for LP. Unless they have some secret back-room deal with SP, or can e-bay it for something, they'll end up eating the full cost of the old computer as well as the difference in cost between the old one and the new one.

Terry

That is funny!!!! You think the largest scuba sales outlet on the entire planet is being pushed around by Scuba Pro????????:rofl3::rofl3: Scuba Pro needs LP more than LP needs SP. LP sells more SP gear than many many LDS's combined. I have a strong feeling that LP is setting the rules when it comes to their vendors just like Wal-Mart does to its vendors or any other large retail giant.

LP didn't become the largest and most successful scuba shop by letting the scuba industry set the rules they play by. It is the other way around.

Terry

I seriously doubt if they have to eat the cost of any of these returns. Scubapro and other mfgrs cover them (Leisurepro) just like they cover any other original owner. And sometimes their coverage is better than ours (USA) since foreign warranty requirements are often longer than USA warrantees. For example, Scubapro USA warranty on a mask is 1 year but many European countries require a 2 year (transferable) warranty. But I'm sure the shipping costs are a bit higher and it takes longer to work a claim.

There are also a number of foreign countries that do not allow a manufacturer to control a retailer like some of our mgfr control USA LDSs. That is why much of Leisurepro's gear comes from overseas markets. A manufacturer would have to stop doing business in those markets to prevent their retailers from selling to Leisurepro.

looks like coal, awap and myself were all typing the same thing at the same time because IT IS TRUE!!!!!

Terry

That is a small potato for LP to eat. They allow for that in their pricing. A similar thing happened when I returned a golf driver to Costco. No defects, I just did not like it. I used it 3 weeks, got a full refund, and it went in the dumpster.

We pay for every warranty we get. It is not a gift from the merchant.

Back
Top Bottom