Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even though Brett is here now trying to take care of this (and I applaud him; he's a real nice guy), this should not have ever happened in the first place! If you're giving a full manufacturer warranty... You should be giving it right out! Not trying to get 100$ out of the customer...:shakehead: How many people will this happen to, but don't know about Scubaboard and will fork out the 100$ thinking it's normal?

This is the kind of thing that turned me off LP.:(

Brett has been making huge eforts to help people out, which is great. Cheers to him!:coffee: But this shouldn't be happening in the first place... The real need is for these problems to stop happening, rather than patching up them up later on... If LP does this, I think they would regain a large amount of the business they have lost over the years!

Good luck Brett!!!:coffee:

What is the Scubapro program that is swapping out these "defective" computers? Is this a worldwide program or a USA program? What criteria has Scubapro established for this free upgrade? Anyonr have any "official" documentation or references (links) to what is going on here?

Even though Brett is here now trying to take care of this (and I applaud him; he's a real nice guy), this should not have ever happened in the first place! If you're giving a full manufacturer warranty... You should be giving it right out! Not trying to get 100$ out of the customer...:shakehead: How many people will this happen to, but don't know about Scubaboard and will fork out the 100$ thinking it's normal?

What exactly is the manufacturer warranty? Is Scubapro offering a free upgrade to a newer model or is the dealer offering that? The only reference I've seen to the upgrade was the OP saying "I know several who have sent in the Aladin Tec to Scubapro/Uwatec and received a brand new Tec 2 free of charge." That doesn't tell us if this is a standard policy or a customer service exception or just hearsay.

On the other hand, I've seen examples of where a person purchased an item from an authorized dealer and the manufacturer offered them only an upgrade alternative. In fact, it has happened with uwatec and their "free batteries for life" program when units get discontinued.

Obviously, I'm referring to giving the same warranty the manufacturer would give. And my arguments depend on the OP being right about Scubapro replacing the defective computer with an upgrade.:coffee:

I just wanted to give an update so that everyone reading this thread would know what the outcome was. I called Brett (Leisure Pro Brett) and he understood my issue and he made sure the $100 upgrade charge was refunded.

I just wanted to say thanks to LP for honoring their warranty and also Brett for taking care of this for me.

Scott

Brett is a real nice guy. I'm glad he fixed this for you.:coffee: Maybe one day he'll be able to arrange it so that these problems don't hapen at all.

This said, it is a sign that they are trying! You have to give them that!

Hats off to Brett!:coffee:

I have found them to be very responsive when I have called them. Glad to hear they took care of you.

So you not only saved a bunch of money by purchasing online as well as having LP stand behind what they sold. Sounds like a win win to me.

I just wanted to give an update so that everyone reading this thread would know what the outcome was. I called Brett (Leisure Pro Brett) and he understood my issue and he made sure the $100 upgrade charge was refunded.

I just wanted to say thanks to LP for honoring their warranty and also Brett for taking care of this for me.

Scott

Great news!!

Leisure Pro seems to have really good people!

Do you think the "authorized" dealer fan club will tell the full story or just the first part about the extra $100 charge?

Back
Top Bottom