Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After two years the 100 bucks upgrade does not seem too bad it seems way better than most of the local dive stores around here who just bad mouth each other and the brands they do not ever have in stock. Most of the time they have very little in stock.

That's not the point of the discussion. The point is that LP claims to have their own warranty matching the manufacturer/authorized dealer.

An authorized SP dealer does not charge $100 for this exchange under warranty. LP just did. Therefor they did not match the manufacturer/authorized dealer warranty for this customer on this item, period.

Now, what comes to mind to me is what happens the next time? When this computer needs warranty service, if it ever does? Will the OP be charged another $100 for it? Or more, or less, or nothing? No idea & seeing as how LP has been rather inconsistent over the years, I don't see any way to reasonably predict.

It's hassles like this that cause me to not buy expensive & rather fragile items such as dive computers from unauthorized dealers. Some peeps don't mind if things don't work out so well for them, so long as they saved some cash on the front end. I tend to keep gear & use it forever, I'm still using gear I bought new in 1978, so longevity & service over time have value to me.

Simpler, less costly items such as masks, fins, snorkels, bags, etc, I don't worry about. Things like dive comps I do. It's just something each person has to decide as suits them.

Well-you must have the picture :blinking:

........Well- it's clear as mud......:blinking:

Brett has not been online since yeaterday morning so he has not had a chance to deal with this thread. Hopefully he'll pick this up tomorrow.

I'll bet that he will see that this error is corrected.

Sorry guys that I couldn’t have chimed in on this sooner, I didn’t have a chance to get to the board over the weekend. I am here now and hopefully I can clear things up a bit here about our warranty.

Over the last 18 years we at Leisure Pro have provided our own warranty for obvious reasons, namely to assure our customers that they will not be “punished” for exercising their right to choose where and how to spend their money. Even though as far as we are aware, it’s against FTC regulations for a manufacturer to not honor a warranty just because of where a consumer purchased their product. We don’t want to subject our customers to the hassle of legal litigation against the manufacturers, so we offer our warranty which exactly mimics the one offered by the manufacturer. We have done this very successfully for the last 18 years, and as you can read in many threads our customers are happy with it. We are open and honest about our warranty and state it in multiple places on our site that we provide the warranty. Please be assured we are here to service our customers and have every intention of honoring our warranty for years to come while also providing the best deals in the industry.

In regards to the specific complaint presented scott&sara, I invite you to please call (x2327) or PM me. I will be happy to look into your issue and take any problems to our management. I don’t think that ScubaBoard is the proper place to respond to any specific service issue / question, but I will be happy to help you as well as any other SB’er who need’s it.

Brett sounds like a stand up kinda guy to me.

Hey Brett, I've got an old bottom timer and an older Oceanic computer. I'll give you two hundo and these two for a tec 2 G. Sound like a good deal? :D

J/K obviously.

Hey Brett, I've got an old bottom timer and an older Oceanic computer. I'll give you two hundo and these two for a tec 2 G. Sound like a good deal? :D

The Irony of that statement is that if there was a problem with that Oceanic computer there wouldn't be an issue with the manufacturers warranty. :wink:

Brett you just won my business back!

Sorry guys that I couldn’t have chimed in on this sooner, I didn’t have a chance to get to the board over the weekend. I am here now and hopefully I can clear things up a bit here about our warranty.

Over the last 18 years we at Leisure Pro have provided our own warranty for obvious reasons, namely to assure our customers that they will not be “punished” for exercising their right to choose where and how to spend their money. Even though as far as we are aware, it’s against FTC regulations for a manufacturer to not honor a warranty just because of where a consumer purchased their product. We don’t want to subject our customers to the hassle of legal litigation against the manufacturers, so we offer our warranty which exactly mimics the one offered by the manufacturer. We have done this very successfully for the last 18 years, and as you can read in many threads our customers are happy with it. We are open and honest about our warranty and state it in multiple places on our site that we provide the warranty. Please be assured we are here to service our customers and have every intention of honoring our warranty for years to come while also providing the best deals in the industry.

In regards to the specific complaint presented scott&sara, I invite you to please call (x2327) or PM me. I will be happy to look into your issue and take any problems to our management. I don’t think that ScubaBoard is the proper place to respond to any specific service issue / question, but I will be happy to help you as well as any other SB’er who need’s it.

The Irony of that statement is that if there was a problem with that Oceanic computer there wouldn't be an issue with the manufacturers warranty. :wink:

Scuba Pro, in my opinion, should replace the thing.

No joking around on my part, if it were me in this situation, I'd try to get the TEC 2G free. :) But if negotiations failed I'd pay the hundo to get the 2G.

Actually, I'd like to have the 2G but can't shell out $450.00 for the thing. I've got too many dive trips I want to spend the money on instead of a fancy computer that I intend on using in gauge mode anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom