Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, he didn't say his computer stopped working or even that he was having a problem with it, just that he found out there was a defect and he wanted it replaced.

>> And, for what it's worth, my computer wasn't working properly. I said that there was a "known defect" and that's why Scuba Pro stopped making that particular model. My computer was plagued with the "known defect." <<

Sure looks that way.

What is interesting to me is the fact that here is a bunch of divers who spend large gobs of money questioning the wisdom of buying ScubaPro gear or buying from LeisurePro, and neither company has bothered to weigh in. In some ways that bugs me as much as the $100 they are trying to scam out of the customer.

I started out buying from Scuba.com, which i had nothing but excellent luck with. I switched to LP cause I am in DC and no matter which cheapo shipping option i chose the package always arrived in a day. I just went back and looked at Scuba.com -- they are authorized retailers for everything they sell. Both LP and Scuba have sucky websites, so shopping either one is tedious.

Based on this thread, i think i am going back to Scuba.com.

P.S. I bought my Suunto Cobra from an LDS precisely because it was the one piece of gear I wanted to be able to waggle in someone's face if it didn't work right. Other than the fac t that whoever wrote the Cobra's manual should be shot, so far so good...

How much more would you have paid for the puter had you bought it at an LDS?

If it's more than $100, you're ahead of the game---with a new improved computer......makes sense to me.......btw, I always go witht he lower price & roll the dice.......

No more (if as much) as many LDS's.

Leisure Pro is just a straight forward place that has the best prices and the most current products. I go to NYC every few months and i see the good inventory and the nice service. They carry all the brands and they have dive instructors and service people to talk with. Those who say otherwise are talking out their ass as we say here.

Leisure Pro is just a straight forward place that has the best prices and the most current products. I go to NYC every few months and i see the good inventory and the nice service. They carry all the brands and they have dive instructors and service people to talk with. Those who say otherwise are talking out their ass as we say here.

This OP did not get "nice service" in his opinion. Maybe you want to front him the $100 that he is out as this "straight forward place" did not in the OP's opinion stand behind their warranty.

This OP did not get "nice service" in his opinion. Maybe you want to front him the $100 that he is out as this "straight forward place" did not in the OP's opinion stand behind their warranty.

After two years the 100 bucks upgrade does not seem too bad it seems way better than most of the local dive stores around here who just bad mouth each other and the brands they do not ever have in stock. Most of the time they have very little in stock.

Can you draw me a picture of the way 'you guys' talk.........GEAUX TIGERS..........

I purchased a Uwatec Aladin Tec wrist computer from Leisure Pro in March 2006. The early Tec computers have an issue that causes the battery to drain very quickly (which I confirmed during a conversation with Uwatec tech support). So two weeks ago I send my Aladin Tec back to Leisure Pro for replacement (which is within the 2 year warranty period). They called this week and said they would replace my computer with a new Aladin Tec 2 wrist computer at a cost of $100.00 as the new computer is $100 more than my original (the Tec 2 replaced the original Tec computer).

So I am getting a new computer under warranty but I have to pay $100. This kind of pisses me off. I know they are now charging more for the new computer but I am not sure why I am responsible for this cost delta. I just thought everyone should be aware of the Warranty policy Leisure Pro has and how they take care of their customers.

Their warranty states it is equivalent to the original manufacturers’ warranty but this is certainly not true... I know several who have sent in the Aladin Tec to Scubapro/Uwatec and received a brand new Tec 2 free of charge. Just keep this in mind before making your next purchase with Leisure Pro.

Scott

After two years the 100 bucks upgrade does not seem too bad it seems way better than most of the local dive stores around here who just bad mouth each other and the brands they do not ever have in stock. Most of the time they have very little in stock.

Just because LP has more inventory and they don't bad mouth the other stores doesn't give them right to not stand by their stated warranty - to be equivalent to the original manufacturer's warranty.

Or are you saying you would pay $100 to be lied to as long as they had inventory and didn't bad mouth other shops???

Just because LP has more inventory and they don't bad mouth the other stores doesn't give them right to not stand by their stated warranty - to be equivalent to the original manufacturer's warranty.

Or are you saying you would pay $100 to be lied to as long as they had inventory and didn't bad mouth other shops???

I've saved way more at Leisure Pro than any local dive store here in Pennsylvania or in New Jersey or in California where i work several weeks each month. Every time I go into the Leisure Pro store in the city or when I call them or email them, they have the newest items and the best prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom