Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Island Time is correct, maintaining a dealer network and keeping them making money does cost big $$$. I am pleased to let him and other like him underwrite the cost of the network, that is his choice......

Well, Island Time is correct, maintaining a dealer network and keeping them making money does cost big $$$. I am pleased to let him and other like him underwrite the cost of the network, that is his choice......

That's what makes this country great; freedom of choice. You just can't expect to knowingly buy something for 30% less from a wholesaler and then expect full warranty coverage. If the wholesaler falsely represents their warranty coverage and tells you they will cover you, that is another issue.

"If something seems to good to be true, it probably is"

That's what makes this country great; freedom of choice. You just can't expect to knowingly buy something for 30% less from a wholesaler and then expect full warranty coverage. If the wholesaler falsely represents their warranty coverage and tells you they will cover you, that is another issue.

"If something seems to good to be true, it probably is"

LP is pretty explicit, they offer generally the same warranty terms, not the same warranty.

I have actually used their warranty 2x and been satisfied both times. I expect that since they do not have the same resources the manufacture has, there is a small possibility that this may not always be the case and am willing to accept the risk.

If you think about it, its like the extended warranty stores want to sell you every time you buy an appliance. Sometimes it might make sense, but most often you are paying extra for "peace of mind" and enhancing the profit margin of the store.

I looked into buying my new gear with Leisure Pro because their prices were way lower than any retailer was offering. Once I asked them if they were an AUTHORIZED dealer, they said no. At that point, I went into Force E which I know to be a well established shop that will be around to offer support and service my product- I'm OK with paying a bit more for that. I work in the marine electronics field and we deal with this kind of thing often. Many times, boaters would rather go to West Marine or order their electronics online and install things on their own to save money. Maintaining a dealer network costs big money and it is in place to protect both the integrity of the manufacturer and to protect the consumer as well. Saving money is great, but most of the time it will run you about the same in the end if not more.

LP might not be authorized but by gosh by golly as soon as the latest greatest gear hits the market each year you can get it right away from LP. Somehow the manufacturers bust their behinds to get their stuff on the LP shelves.

Honestly, I would rather deal with LP and their warranty. I am worth more to them than just a reg set, or just a computer, or just a compass. They know that I am likely to purchase multiple products from them multiple times so they have a vested interest in keeping me very very happy when something goes wrong. We don't have to get into an argument with the manufacturer. LP just makes it right from the get go and leaves me very happy. They have the authority, ability and willingness to solve product issues for their clients.

I buy most of my gear from LP and Scuba Toys along with Golem Gear. Not only that, but I dive with it and have lived to tell about it all the while with more of my money in my pocket to spend on gas to get to dive site and back and lunch in between.

To those who wish to shop elsewhere, go for it. But don't try to convince people that products from LP are inferior--especially people who own and use the products. I own stuff from them. I know exactly what the quality of the product is and what their customer service is like. You haven't the slightest idea because you have never touched their products or dealt with their customer service. So in trying to put them down you speak your opinion out of ignorance and not facts or experience.

You want to purchase from the LDS. I am cool with that. I don't need to put your decision down or rip the LDS to justify my purchase from other sources. Why do you feel you need to rip LP? Does that make you feel better about your purchase?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom